Halo vs Modern Warfare 2

S3nse

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me personally I feel that they both offer a different type of gameplay, so I like both games for different reasons. I've been playing halo since the original xbox, and I am relly looking forward to playing halo reach when it comes out this fall. The graphics seem to have improved some over Halo 3. As for Modern Warfare 2, I've been a Call of Duty fan since the first one came out years back. The first Modern Warfare was a lot of fun to play (I really liked the sniper mission closer to the end of the game... I forget what it's called)... The multiplayer aspect of MW2 is a lot of fun... I like dual wielding the shotguns. :P

In the debate of Halo vs Modern Warfare 2, it would all have to depend on your play style and also other factors such as how you're feeling at the time being. I, myself, enjoy both games thoroughly, though, if made to choose, I would probably have to go with Halo.

WolvenTact.

to put things simply about,

HATE GETTING KNIFED and being on the receiving end of a totally bullshit kill. But its addictive once you get the hang of being a systematic douchebag.

longest i've ever held a xbox controller was about ten minutes, so no comment on halo but i'm sure its not as "tactical" as mw2 and a few bullets wouldnt be the end of you

Yeah, they're both very different gameplay. When you have mastered the multiplayer, strategies and gameplay is quite different.

To be honest, Halo for me, the multiplayer is a lot easier, less complex. I hope that they continue to develop it that it allows people to use intellect, cunning and their spontaneity like you really would in a battle, as opposed to simply repeating gameplay and strategy approaches.

Modern warfare still dumbs down to repetition, but I dont think so as much, compared to Halo.

this is like comparing DMC to God of war. The goals with the two games are completely different despite both being in the same genre. Actually DMC and GOW are closer than these two. Halo is fantasy based as well as not going for a really realistic premise. While MWF2 is going for a realistic war feeling. The battle is more fun for me in MWF2 though the game was easy and I didn't care much for the online play after a few days. Halo to me just isn't a big deal all together. Loads of people love it I think it became sub-par after the first and people just began to support it for the love of being fans.

Halo 3 is much more of a hardcore gamer's game. MW2 is so casual when I play it, that's not a bad thing but when I'm in a serious mood it's all H3.

Halo 3

+Can't die very fast with the exclusion of power weapons, making it possible for a better player to stay alive longer

+Everyone spawns with the same weapon, if you want that sniper you have to earn it.

+Games have fewer people, meaning more weight for you to pull

+Maps and weapons are balanced and fair

-slow paced

-lag kills any sense of competition

i played both and i prefer halo just for the simple fact it easier to follow. Modern warfare 2 was confusing at times had to play it twice just to get the full story it focused more on the story and in my opinion wasn't that great the first modern warfare was better

anyways just my opinion like the others

• 2 weeks later...

I once did a side by side of the 2.

Funnily enough, when you factor in that master chief is a supersoldier with a regenerating shield, the game is more realistic than any of CoD's magical bullet healing properties.

I think CoD in general is better for strategy approach gameplay, but halo will always be the more fun when it comes to straight up boomfest.

+I think halo takes more skill because it does not have rigged perks.

Okay this is gonna be a little Biased of me as I am a dedicated PS owner and hate Halo a lot, but I will still give it the best go I can.

Graphics:

I have never played Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox, only on my PS3 so it probably isn't a fair comparision but the graphics on Modern Warfare 2 are a LOT better than Halo's graphics, again, that is probably because I have a Playstation 3.

For graphics I have to give it to Modern Warfare 2.

Gameplay:

The gameplay on halo i found to be great, it was easy to pick up and play but at times some of the simplest things were hard to do because of the controls (for me anyway, as I said I am a Playstation fan). But overall the gameplay was really good. However in modern warfare 2 the gameplay was a little more stale and was hard to enjoy as much (for campaign in my case). However this was made up for a bit by the graphics.

So for this section I have to give it to Halo.

Finally Multiplayer:

This is probably the hardest section for me to judge as both have some great multiplayer features. I really like Modern Warfare 2 because you have your chosen weapon set all the time and you don't have to go running around to find weapons. However, this can also be annoying when you are a low level and everyone else has really good guns and you got a bad one. That is where the Halo pickup guns idea is good, because no one is better off because of guns and it is all based on skill. Another thing that I like about Modern Warfare 2 is the knife, because it is normally instant kills when in close range combat whereas, correct me if i'm wrong, halo has the melee attack which will not always kill the enemy and this can get frustrating for me.

Gotta to say that this section was definitely close for me but I'll have to give it to Modern Warfare 2 because overall, i find it more fun than halo.

Overall:

I got to give this to Modern Warfare 2 as it seems, to me, have that little bit of an edge in most cases, but both games are great to play in my opinion.

P.S. I know some things mightn't make much sense because I am a bit tired but wanted to write up a little on this topic

Okay this is gonna be a little Biased of me as I am a dedicated PS owner and hate Halo a lot, but I will still give it the best go I can.

Graphics:

I have never played Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox, only on my PS3 so it probably isn't a fair comparision but the graphics on Modern Warfare 2 are a LOT better than Halo's graphics, again, that is probably because I have a Playstation 3.

For graphics I have to give it to Modern Warfare 2.

That's not exactly a fair fight even, considering Halo 3 is 3 years old, and ODST was based on the same engine, while Modern Warfare 2 is less than a year old, of course it's going to have better graphics...