What is the most important quality an anime should have?

RazorDan

For me, a story, definitely.  It needs to stick to that plot as well, minimizing filler content.  I don't care so much for fan service characters unless they have an important role.  My hope is that it is a plot which also has a conclusive ending.  There are honestly far too many anime that never seem to end, and stray far too much from the originally expected storyline.

In my opinion the art is important to catch one´s attention. Whenever I watch anime, I first look at the art and after that at the story. Second would be story then. Of course characters have to be adorable and in the end it´s also the genre. I tend to watch Shojo/ROmance/shonen-Ai Anime or Fantasy anime *-*

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know about you but i think putting some realistic stuff in it one of the most anime are lack of. i mean most of them if you look at the main character most of them make him like an angle or something . i mean  that he\she never cry at life or death situations never fear never hist-ate plus the. and most likely there are no Psychology situations
and so on

the only anime and manga that i saw these stuff in are :Kaiji The Ultimate Survivor,One Outs, Akagi, Death note,Code Geass and Attack on Titans ,Gamble Fish(manga),lair game,(manga)

well that's too little comparing to the numbers of anime\manga that has released.ofc i also believe it depends on it's type of anime not complaining about it but i also believe that having a realistic touch can change a crap anime\manga into something good

Edited by mid boss

• 2 weeks later...

For me the main thing has to be the plot. Also the animation.

well i agree with the plot .but for the animation i don't say it must be perfect . i say it must be acceptable cuz i think it's the last thing you should look at

I would say that music is less important than animation. A series can have bad music or no music and still be decent, but a series with absolutely terrible animation (looking at all the bad 70's/80's hentai series) are terrible since they would be more enjoyable without the visuals whatsoever.

Coherent story that has start and end. I hate it when a series leave you hanging with a ton of questions ( i am referring to series that are full of plot holes or end because of manga cancellations or whatevs, not difficult to follow stories with all kinds of messages, i enjoy those), apart from that good animation helps (shining example is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's an original anime then it needs to have great animation, art, characters, and it can't have too many irritating plot holes. If it's based off a manga then animation and art needs to be good as well as with it following the story. Fillers and sidetracking annoy me a lot.