Weird Things Found While Cleaning

When I lived in the dorms, everything ended up on my bed. Laundry, books, papers, uniforms, my laptop. Everything. I'd just push it all to the side and sleep in a tiny corner of the bed.

And for a while I'd just shove everything into my wall locker. Since it's secured with a padlock, it's not like they could inspect it while I'm out. So all the things went inside when I needed my room to be clean for inspections.

LOL, everytime I inspect my guys rooms they do the same thing. Like I'm not going to ask them to open it up. What's worse is what I find in there normally there's just dirty clothes, half empty pizza boxes, empty beer bottles but this one time..........

I was inspecting a Lance Corporals room (will call this guy Smith). Smith decided he was to cool for school and was the master of skating. No way says I. So I'm inspecting his room and there's Alice pack straps sticking out from under his wall locker door. Obviously a mess on the inside I think so I tell him to unlock it and open it up. Smith tells me he lost the key. "That's ok" I say "I have a pair of bolt cutter's I'll be back." He says "oh wait wait I found the key Sergeant." "Ok" I say seeing that if he lied to me there must be something really bad in his wall locker. So he puts the key in the lock and I'm expecting a meth lab or a corpse or something. Nope he swings the door open and squatting in the corner is a fully nude girl with some skivvy shirts draped over her.

I'm at a loss for words, so I do what I always do when I don't want someone to see my expressions or where I'm looking. I put on my sun glasses and tell Smith to grab a towel then I close the door a little for the young ladies privacy. He grab's this dirty nasty towel that he had wrapped around a pole for a mop. I'm getting pissed, so I close the wall locker door all the way and give Smith my key. "Go to my room and grab my towel off the towel rack." I tell him. So he comes back with my towel. I open the door a little and hand the towel inside. "Here please cover yourself up" I say. After about 10 seconds I ask if she's good and she says yes so I tell her to come out. This beautiful girl steps out wearing only my towel and I ask her where her clothes are. She says "I don't know." So I tell them to both sit on the bed. "Smith how old is she?" I ask. "21 Sergeant" he says. Then I turn to her "How old are you?" I ask. "17" she says. And that was about the time I called my platoon Sergeant cause I had no idea what to do at that point.

It's interesting what the lower enlisted will bring back to the barracks. That's not the first living thing I've found in the barracks the rules are very simple. No pets whatsoever. But I still to this day whenever we get the new boot drop I give it two weeks and I find women, puppies, kittens, gold fish, lizards, ferrets, ant farms, and one kid captured a damn pigeon and was keeping it in a box.

I pulled out a box that was supposed to be paperwork, only to find that the paperwork had been removed, and my cat was in it instead...

She took all the papers out.... And then got in to hide... And somehow pulled the top closed enough that I didn't immediately know she was there.

So I collected my kitty kisses (she has a thing about licking noses...) picked up the kitty (not easy to do with how big she is) and set her off to the side so I could gather the papers again, and then shred what needed to be shredded.

• Like 1

Maybe one of the cats bought the dice, haha.

A similar thing happened to us a short while ago. I was looking through our board games and I found a game I don't remember ever buying. Some of the games belong to my roommate, so I figured it was his and asked him about it. But then he said he doesn't remember buying it either? And he was pretty sure his girlfriend didn't buy it either?

And it was never a game that was never played--the cards inside were still wrapped and the cardboard pieces were unpunched.

Mystery games across the country.

• Like 1

Maybe one of the cats bought the dice, haha.

A similar thing happened to us a short while ago. I was looking through our board games and I found a game I don't remember ever buying. Some of the games belong to my roommate, so I figured it was his and asked him about it. But then he said he doesn't remember buying it either? And he was pretty sure his girlfriend didn't buy it either?

And it was never a game that was never played--the cards inside were still wrapped and the cardboard pieces were unpunched.

Mystery games across the country.

Maybe there's an old man walking the world planting board games as he goes to scare people when they find them and give them something fun to do =)

I found 50 bucks under my bed was the best day of my life ever lol.

Lol I wish that happened everyday, just wake up and find a 50 under your bed or under your pillow, the most generous tooth fairy ever!

true true lol free 50 bucks under the pillow lol

Yes! Every morning when you wake up, it'd be like getting paid to sleep!

Lol I wish that happened everyday, just wake up and find a 50 under your bed or under your pillow, the most generous tooth fairy ever!

When that happens the world will be complete lmao.

When that happens the world will be complete lmao.

Hell yeah it will be! I'd love a job where all I do is sleep, then when I'm awake I can spend all that "hard earnt" money

I have more yardwork horror stories, you guys. Last week we were doing yardwork again and there was at least three bags of clothes /buried/ near the back fence that was half rotten for little kids/older kids complete with shoes. There were a few things for older people too and some blankets? so what the hell?

This isn't really a cleaning story, but I'm going to tell it anyway. This was the day when I realized that I might be watching too many crime shows.

I was helping a friend move into a new house. When we were finished bringing things into the house, we went out to the back yard to grill food. In the back yard, off to the side, there was a very old refrigerator buried with the doors facing up. Now, some people might have thought "Huh? That's weird.." Or "What the hell is that doing there?" But me? My first thought was. "I really hope there's not a body in there..."

For the record, no, there was no dead body in the fridge... So while it could have been the story of finding a body, instead, it was just the story of finding an old fridge... Which is still pretty weird... I mean... What was its purpose there!? We still don't know...