Weird Things Found While Cleaning

Oh and this is gonna sound really geeky but, one time before I left home I was spring cleaning my parents attic and I found a box with a Christmas present they forgot to give me when I was like I dunno 10 and it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure. I kept it in the box and stuck it next to my EVA unit 1 that I got off Ebay LOL.

Lol that's a little geeky but at least you werent like pfft and tossed it away haha, now it have a place beside the ebay relics! :P

• Like 1

And then thirty years later when you find your stamp collection collecting dust, you'll wistfully think, "I wish I was collecting TMNT mechs instead of becoming a philatelist."

Speaking of, a while back when I was home for Christmas, I went poking around the unpacked boxes in the basement and found our binders of Pokemon cards. Cards collected at the behest of my mother, who fanatically collected not only Pokemon cards via my brother and me, but also Beanie Babies via HSN.

I think my brother and his wife own our Pokémon card collection. I recall being over for Thanksgiving last year (it was of course awkward I'm the only in the family who's not married) and I saw one of those old school binders we kept them in. Any I rip the Velcro and low and behold there they all are and in the back would you not believe it there are Digimon cards also. Plus a play mat. So I tried teaching my new niece's and nephews how to play and there all like where's the Bakugan Battle Brawler's. And I kind of made this face :misdoubt:

Edited by LTJG RIO

Leonardo and Donatello just never differentiated themselves in my mind, which I suppose is the opposite effect that should be achieved after ruining the VHS tapes eight billion years ago from repeated watchings. That might have occurred at the threshold of my childhood amnesia, though.

Sometimes when I shelve children's books I'll flip through them because I remember reading them before. This is still one of my favourite kid's books.

Oh, that's the refrigerator fairy. I have one to, mine is the double drawer eat all your video games fairy. I store my games in a small 2 X 2 drawer and on occasion they fall back behind the drawer in this evil crevice. Then when I do my once a week Chinese field day I move my stuff around and find them and go "oh, you evil evil drawer."

I haven't found anything weird this time around while cleaning, but we have an inordinate amount of MICRO USB CABLES. And then a bunch of mini USB??? LIKE WHY. WHY DO WE HAVE ALL THESE CABLES.

And we have power cables to stuff I'm pretty sure we might not even own any more??? There's just a box filled with cables and cords and Java insists they're all important, but hell if I know how important they can be inside of a box. ಠ_ಠ

• Like 1

LOL that happens to me all the time. Once a year usually I have so many cables for controllers, phones, ipods, and computer's stored up that I just start throwing them out. Or I try to hide them by neatly rolling them up and storing them in drawers that I don't open often so I don't feel so wasteful about throwing them out.

Secret drawers, haha. That's basically what the drawers on the console in the dining area are. I adjusted them slightly and there's nothing in there but old military papers and coloured pencils. No one goes in those drawers ever.

Probably because I've been using the dining table as a repository for clean clothes. Just maybe.

• Like 2

Yeah I have a stockpile of knowledge and out of date PUBS and PME books all shoved into corners one such corner I call the command center. It literally has like a couple dozen maps all disheveled and shoved into a bunch of folder's with a big huge copy of Sun Tzu's art of war. That copy by the way is like my ninth copy because, my family has given up trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas and I always miss my birthday so they always buy that book. It's so dry and makes no sense I've read it like cover to cover 4 times and I still don't get it. I don't want to hurt there feelings so I'm always like "oh another copy of art of war, uhh thank you." But if someone cleaned my room they would think I worshiped the ground Sun Tzu stepped on.

• Like 1