Your Morning Routine

Emotional Outlet

Tell me about how you get ready in the morning. Or afternoon/evening, for any swing/mid shift workers among us. A typical day, but you can tell me about days off too.

Also tell me about those times you got up at three in the morning on a Sunday because you thought had school and you accidentally ate a bowl of dog food for breakfast. Or when you went to bed at five in the morning and thought you'd be able to get away with taking a one hour nap before going to school only to find that you have slept through the entire day.

A+ stories, will listen again.

Keep in mind that this is a 13+ forum.

===

I get up around 0830, but sometimes I snooze until 0840 and sometimes I get up earlier. It depends. I am a capricious creature.

I shower in the morning. I also always pee in the morning. I use two face washes. One has tiny rocks in it. The other one has volcanic ash. (I don't know if it helps. Maybe??) I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner. I use bar soap. Sometimes I use soap from LUSH, but Java is sensitive to strong smells and we don't go to the mall all that often. I stopped using liquid soap because I am too lazy to wash my pouf and people were having heart attacks about how much bacteria grows on shower poufs.

After I shower, I put on deodorant. I use the one that comes in liquid form, because the actual rock one gets stuck and it makes me angry. Also it's kind of fragile, so that's another reason to use the liquid one.

Sometimes I epilate my armpits. Beauty is pain.

I brush my teeth. I put moisturiser on my face (see the link for my face washes).

I'm usually in and out of the shower in about ten minutes.

Then I get dressed. This may or may not involve me walking out to the living room in a towel--it depends on whether I was motivated enough to put the laundry away. I drink some water because I am thirsty.

At this point it's usually about 0900, so I poke around the forum a bit while I dry my hair. I blow dry and use a regular brush. This takes about ten minutes, but it can be longer or shorter depending on whether I stop to post or not. Also sometimes I find myself compelled to clean the litter box.

Then I leave the apartment at 0930 and walk to the library!

===

One time when I was elementary school age, my little brother and I were supposed to go to the bus by ourselves. (My brother is two years younger than me.) We failed to do this and instead ate gargantuan bowls of cereal for breakfast. This predictably took a lot of time because they were very large bowls.

My dad came home randomly (I don't remember the full details of this story) and was shocked to see we were still at home eating cereal.

We were very late for school.

I don't eat a lot of cereal anymore.

===

Okay, your turn!

I don't know how anyone can use an epilator! My sister made me try one once, you know, as a joke. She was the only one laughing. argh. 

My routine when I wake up. If I have work, I'll shower, brush my teeth, go to work. I have to wear a uniform for work, and they keep it in a carousel closet. So I can dress like a really slack to work. (jackpot!) Put on my deodorant, get changed, eat breakfast and then work.

If I don't have work, I'll sleep in. - Shower, brush my teeth and then eat, or vice versa.

I'm not really a morning person. (or afternoon person, as that's the time I wake up. haha)

I thought I saw a thread about this before, guess I imagined that lol, anyway my morning routine goes like this for a normal week.

I wake up, shower and brush my teeth, dress and then I skip breakfast like always and head outside to catch the bus to my course, about a half hour away and then once there I sit there for about a half hour waiting for class to start, going over notes and listening to music

If this thread already exists, it is buried within the bowels of the forum and could probably use a makeover anyway! o3o

Sometimes I eat a piece a bread on my way to the library. I am an anime.

I usually show up a little early at the library (10-15 minutes, depends how distracted I get while I walk), but I just get straight to work. This means I can leave a few minutes earlier than noon! I made this rule up, but no one has said anything to me, so I'm assuming it's okay. It's not like they pay me.

Wake up, drink tea and eat something consisting of peanut butter(it's the only thing that keeps me full for a while when I eat it for breakfast)

Then walk out to take a taxi to begin the tedious journey to classes whilst greeting all my neighbours regardless of how awkward the timing is(Sometimes they even reply)

beauty might be pain but epliators are torture holy fuck

anyway, i roll out of bed around nine, decide if i'm going to put real pants on today or just stay in my pajamas, brush my hair and then go downstairs for some coffee and breakfast. i usually take my showers in the middle of the night so i seem mysteriously clean o uo

~~

when i played mabinogi for the first time, i stayed up until 5am and decided to take an hour nap. bad call. i woke up to my friend honking his horn at my house because it was almost 8 and we were going to be late. needless to say, my apology was buying him lunch ; n;/

Ok. So I wake up at either 7:10 on M/W/F or 7:40 on T/Th.  Actually I sleep in for about 10 minutes after the alarm goes off.

I then roll out of bed and head downstairs.  I eat cereal or whatever I can find that doesn't have to be made with any considerable amount of effort lol.

I then eat in front of the desktop computer. I check my RSS feed, social network sites, and other quick stuff.  I also check Kametsu and pay my +2 dues.

I then go back upstairs and check everything again on my laptop trololo.  When I get the motivation I take a shower using soap and shampoo.

I then do my ears and floss.  I also

wait... Oh yeah 13+ sorry.  I brush my teeth and gargle.

Sometimes I epilate my legs. Beauty is pain, and pain is beauty when I beat up all those who try and touch my soft soft legs.

Then I put on deoderant, and clothes on and stuff.

FUN FACT: Ever since like my freshman year of highschool I put tissues in my pocket.  You never know when a runny nose might try to run circles around your face!!!  Seriously though, I seem to have this thing where I sometimes just randomly get one (I don't even have allergies).

I then turn on my 3DS so I can StreetPass with the peeps on campus, and also stuff required things in my backpack.

I then kiss gata and head out the door around 8:30 or 9:10 (I'm such a slow getting ready in the morning person)!

lolrawr, do you actually eat sad bananas, that is the saddest thing. And if those are the products you actually use, they are kawaii.

The fastest I've gotten ready is maybe five minutes--quick bun, slap on a uniform, kiss some mouthwash, and get the hell out.

I get really confused whenever Java puts on real clothes and we haven't previously agreed that we're going somewhere for the day. I ask him every time if we're going anywhere and he usually says no, he just wants to wear street clothes for some reason. My default state of being is pyjamas.

When I was still living with my dad, I'd have to ask if we were going anywhere so I could determine whether I had to put on pants or not. When I was at DLI, I would refuse to leave my dorm room over the weekends because clothing is effort. I would literally text people, "Nope, can't go out because I'm not putting on pants".

Alarm goes off at 7am, I ignore it and role out of bed half an hour later. Bathroom, wash my face. brush my teeth etc. Back in my room, I check my phone/Twitter, change into uniform. Now, I should go straight down for breakfast, but I usually jump back into bed for literally 5 minutes, hence why I'm always late. Anyway, its like 7:45am by the time I go downstairs, have a few sips of tea, and leave the house. Then I walk for about 3 minutes to my bus stop, usually have to sprint after the bus too :(. Then I have to get off in the city center and catch ANOTHER bus to school. I'm always late!

Oh and I also randomly get a runny nose! Always put a few tissues in my pocket before I leave home haha

I don't much like being late, and it stresses me out a lot to be tardy. Like ever since I was little, I could hardly reconcile the idea of being late--if you say you're going to be there at 8 o'clock, you should be there at 8 o'clock!! I was very unforgiving when it came to people being late.

That said, I'm still a Super High School Level Procrastinator, haha. My patience levels are much better at this point, though as a personal standard, I try not to be late.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see...I have a small routine.

I get up and go to the restroom.

Usually come back to the computer and check Kametsu and Facebook.

Grab a can of soda.

Sakura usually has woken up by now and I got change/feed her

With me being pregnant...morning sickness and whatnot interrupts my process a good chunk of the time.

On weekdays, my clock radio wakes me up on my favorite radio station (usually with the best country the west can offer ; ]) at 6:00 AM. Then I get on my computer for a good thirty minutes and then make the house some coffee. Then I smell myself to see if I need a shower (I usually do) and take one if I need to. For the rest of the morning I play League of Legends.

On week ends, I sleep till I wake up on my own terms. Then play League of Legends, while drinking the coffee that was prepared by my mommy. ; D

You are going to die.

Just kidding, that's basically the schedule over half my coworkers kept when we worked days.

When we were on nights it was like... work from 1800--0600. Stay two to five hours later depending on the mission. Stay up until 1400 because sleeping during the day is hard as hell. Get up at 1630 to get ready for work.

Some people have a two hour commute ahead of them, so they basically weren't sleeping at all. It's a wonder we all haven't died yet.

The human body is evolving, into sleepless workaholic zombie drones made to man the corporate systems while the CEO's, Presidents, and Social icons are all fucking each other for better pay. It's an endless loop, man- and we're caught in the middle of it! It's only a matter of time before we all lose our names and start just being called by an abbreviation of letters and numbers! IT'S GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

My hours for waking up differ for Mondays threw Fridays (my work days) and Saturdays and Sundays (occasionally my off days but I do volunteer for overtime) and I do go on a lot of business trips. But If I am at home I wake up at 0515 sometimes on the floor, sometimes in my bed and sometimes in my chair dependant on where I fell asleep. Now If I drank beer out of bottles then I will role out of bed into a pile of bottles and if I drank it out of a can then I will role out of bed into the cans and on occasion slice my foot open because I stepped on one bare foot If I remembered to take my shoes off when I went to sleep. I will then reach for my cell phone and on occasion accidently knock a bottle of something off the counter and smash it on the floor or on my foot. The phone will continue to sound the alarm until I hit the dismiss button.

I will then walk into my bathroom, hit the light, scream (cause the light hurts my eyes) lather up with Barbasol shaving cream and shave my dirty, nasty, face. I will then brush my fangs with some cheap toothpaste and then rinse with water. I will then use Listerine to get that last smell of liquor off my breath. I will look in the mirror to see what clothes I am wearing and if they are not PT clothes I will go and change into some gym shorts and a T-shirt if it's winter I'll wear sweats and a sweater. I'll avoid the broken glass tiptoeing all the way back to my room and flip on the lights. On occasion (and by this I mean maybe once every 3 months if I'm lucky) I will of managed to bring a female companion back from the bar with me. If she is still there when I turn on the lights I will kindly tell her to not be there when I get back from work today and she is free to use the shower and make breakfast. I will then clean up all the bottles, glass, cans, shot glasses, and cups from the night before and throw it all in the trash with a satisfying crunch. I will then replace the trash bag liner, vaccum real quick, turn off my electronics, grab my glow belt (so I don't get hit by a car while exercising) and be out of my room by 0545. I will drop off my trash in the dumpster behind my complex, Stretch for about 10 minutes and take off on my morning hazing session. I do farleg runs every Monday-Friday. I will run anywhere from 3 to 11 miles performing micro exercise's in between such as chain breakers, pushups, crunches, hello dollies, planks, and on occasion I will bring a sand bag with me for added weight. I will do this until I vomit usually around 0730 or 0745ish but I've made it past 0800 without puking.

I will then run back to my room and throw my dirty sweaty clothes in a laundry bag in my closet. Then I will hop in the shower and sit under the hot water for like 15 or 20 minutes before I even start actually washing my body. I will then wash with Head and Shoulder's body wash and hair conditioner. When I get out I will rinse my mouth out with Listerine again to get the taste of vomit out and grab a water bottle out of my refrigerator. I will grab my day's work clothes off the hook hanging in my closet that I laid out the night before, and get dressed. I will flip on Fox news and make some coffee and listen about how the world is ending again. Once the coffee's done I'll grab my cup and make my way to the office. And that's basically my morning routine.