[Trigger Warning] Phobias

Zanco

SPEAKING OF PHOBIAS!!!

I was just getting ready to go to get dinner and I saw something on the ground. I was like hey guys I think this is a black widow. They were like meh. I looked a little longer and I was like GUYS THIS IS A BLACK WIDOW. They go to it and my mom is like that's too big. Then my dad gets a paper and picks it up. Big red hourglass on its butt. :[

It's still alive. We're going to keep it for the bug exterminator. I blame spring.

Warning: The image below is not for the faint of heart.

20021208120000.jpg

Edited by lolrawr
  • Like 1

SPEAKING OF PHOBIAS!!!

I was just getting ready to go to get dinner and I saw something on the ground. I was like hey guys I think this is a black widow. They were like meh. I looked a little longer and I was like GUYS THIS IS A BLACK WIDOW. They go to it and my mom is like that's too big. Then my dad gets a paper and picks it up. Big red hourglass on its butt. :[

It's still alive. We're going to keep it for the bug exterminator. I blame spring.

Dude you did read what Axel just said about ppl talking about spiders right? I'm pretty sure even though this is just text he would imagine what you wrote so maybe be a bit more careful with stuff like that for next time

What if someone has phobiaphobia? The irrational fear of irrational fears!? They'd get triggered just by looking at the thread title!

Back to the topic. I used to fear being anywhere alone. Even from a young age I knew exactly how fucked up our world can be, and well, a little mute girl walking alone anywhere would have been perfect for any kind of predator. So not an irrational fear. I'm afraid of screwing up if I ever have kids, but I think everyone can understand that one.

Other than that, I'm pretty much like Mal. Not so much fears as a healthy respect for dark alleys and animals with bigger teeth than me.

Beach sharks: Being afraid of being attacked while swimming at the beach, but not while snorkeling or scuba diving. Also viciously ridiculed for this fear. Mostly due to my pathetic pyramid of protection strategy I insist on using when at the beach.

I thought I was the only one ;). But in my case is  especially strange considering that there have been ZERO shark attacks in my home country...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm deathly terrified of heights, but I don't consider it a phobia since it's completely rational to want to avoid heights, since they're deadly killers. If people were meant to be that high up, they'd be taller.

Also, spiral staircases. Those things are terrifying for the same basic reasons.

• 5 months later...