Possibly banned from IRC?

mightofthedead

I was away for a few months, but when I came back, I get a message on login saying im banned from Kametsu? I thought it might have been because of an old version of xchat, but I redownloaded it and still get the same message and it has been doing that for a few days. My nickname is D-dawg if that helps any, I'm not too sure how I would have gotten banned :(

I have registered and followed all the steps, I've tried this on xchat and Mirc and even on different machines and still get the message that I am banned. This is the message I just received from mirc:

#Kametsu unable to join channel (address is banned)

I can connect to xertion without any issues, but as soon as I try to connect to kametsu thats where it stops me every time >.<

I have registered and followed all the steps, I've tried this on xchat and Mirc and even on different machines and still get the message that I am banned. This is the message I just received from mirc:

#Kametsu unable to join channel (address is banned)

I can connect to xertion without any issues, but as soon as I try to connect to kametsu thats where it stops me every time >.<

Let me know what your hostname/mask is and I'll check it against the ban list.

this is what comes up as my host name when i log in: pool-71-185-11-66.phlapa.east.verizon.net

it seems right now though i am able to log in without any trouble, dont think i did anything different this time lol

I unbanned an east verizon host shortly after I made the above post. Probably was yours.

• 4 months later...

I'm a noob to irc channels and i recently got banned from kametsu... Plz help

May 23 15:36:35 *	Chaddo (Chadwik@retracted) has joined #KametsuMay 23 15:36:36 *	Chadwik_ (Chadwik@retracted) has joined #KametsuMay 23 15:36:38 *	Chaddo has quit (Connection closed)May 23 15:36:45 *	Chadwik_ has quit (Quit: Leaving)May 23 15:36:53 *	Chaddo (Chadwik@retracted) has joined #KametsuMay 23 15:36:54 *	TomoyoServ sets ban on *!*@retracted
Please make note of this post:

I'm hazarding a guess here, but you tried to open multiple instances to get multiple connections to the XDCC bots, correct? The rule here is that you have one connection (one instance of your IRC client) per internet connection. Anyone caught with multiple instances will be banned for a period of time, be it by bots or other op's.

I'm a noob to irc channels and i recently got banned from kametsu... Plz help

May 23 15:36:35 *	Chaddo (Chadwik@retracted) has joined #KametsuMay 23 15:36:36 *	Chadwik_ (Chadwik@retracted) has joined #KametsuMay 23 15:36:38 *	Chaddo has quit (Connection closed)May 23 15:36:45 *	Chadwik_ has quit (Quit: Leaving)May 23 15:36:53 *	Chaddo (Chadwik@retracted) has joined #KametsuMay 23 15:36:54 *	TomoyoServ sets ban on *!*@retracted
Please make note of this post:

I'm hazarding a guess here, but you tried to open multiple instances to get multiple connections to the XDCC bots, correct? The rule here is that you have one connection (one instance of your IRC client) per internet connection. Anyone caught with multiple instances will be banned for a period of time, be it by bots or other op's.

Ok i didnt kno that. But what happened was that i registered my nickname Chaddo and got the confirmation code. I then used the commands to confirm my registration and everything was ok. however after i logged and tried to sign back in on hexchat i was asked for a password so i could be recognized and had to use the command IDENTIFY, however i entered the wrong password multiple times and was then banned... i would really like for this ban to be removed... It was honestly jus a noob mistake