Database Error?

i just tried to edit one of my posts and got this message:

Database error

The database has encountered a problem.

my bookmark to this site also does this and if i go home it says the same but if i go through google to the forum with '/index.php' on the end it's fine and then i was able to edit my post. it's never happened before.

Edit: Seems fine now bookmark works and so does home, strange

Occasionally the server simply loses connection to the MySQL for some reason, probably due to overload, I'm not sure. It doesn't ever happen to me, but I get emails about it a lot lately (because if anyone gets the error such as you, it auto sends me an email about the error, who got it, and what page). Usually you can refresh and it'll work fine, sometimes it takes a minute or two.

the server simply loses connection to the MySQL for some reason, probably due to overload, I'm not sure. It doesn't ever happen to me, but I get emails about it a lot lately (because if anyone gets the error such as you, it auto sends me an email about the error, who got it, and what page). Usually you can refresh and it'll work fine, sometimes it takes a minute or two.

At the time i was just worried i wasn't able to post/edit properly or it was an error with my internet connection/an error with the forum, i wrote this post and tried refreshing the forum for about 4 mins then it was fine as you said.

Koby as we've cleared this up you may want to lock this thread.