SOTW #88: Selective Color [Results]

Apollo

I was just looking up the definition of "selective color," and Wiki describes it as "technique where most of a photo is converted to black and white, but some parts are left in color." Just for clarification, is only one accent color allowed? Or could a whole object be in color? Just curious.

Oh, I guess I should have clarified. Sorry about that!

Yeah, more than one color is allowed. A whole object (or even more than one object) is totally allowed. Or if you prefer only one accent color, that's perfectly fine too. Here are some examples:

www.stuffkit.com_12.jpg

selective-color-photography1.jpg

sc02.gif

21.jpg

123242_black-and-white-flowers-selective-coloring-photomanipulations-1600x1063-wallpaper_www.wallpapermi.com_79.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

I'm going to push the deadline to Monday, September 24th because of my lack of clarification and also because I will be unable to post the poll until early Tuesday morning anyway.

Edited by Apollo

Voting is now open!

Also, playlamegetfame's entry was not included because I did not feel it followed this week's theme. The key to selective color is that most of it should be in black and white. I'm sorry, playlamegetfame. For what it's worth, I think it was a fantastic sig.

Edited by Apollo

Aw poor PLGF. Found out before it was too late. :<

It should have been quite obvious it didn't fit the theme, so I'm not sure what he should have "found out". Poe defined it and I clarified. There should have been no confusion.

I would have let him know sooner if I had been able to, but alas, I was unable to get on until Tuesday morning.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's competition, voters and designers alike! Here are the results.

Click an artist's name to see their entry!

1st Place, with 10 votes [58.82%]

2nd Place, with 5 votes [29.41%]

poetictragedy

3rd Place, with 2 votes [11.76%]

Honorable Mention

Next week's theme, as chosen by firedogx10, is Futurama!

Stay tuned for SOTW #89, which will be hosted by poetictragedy!