Nice gaming headphones PC

ballard

I've been looking around for a nice pair of gaming headphones. Do you guys know of any good ones that go over the ears? I have a budget of about $70 to spend on them. I doesn't really matter if there is a mic on them or not.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874502011

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B006ZS5ATM

http://www.walmart.c...versal/17173772

I've been considering one of these 3. I really like the look of the turtle beaches. I just want to be really careful before I spend money on anything.

Edited by ballard

I see by gaming headphones you mean headset (which is headphones + mic). Just about everyone I know who I respect as an audiophile or audio-enthusiast recommends that you get headphones and a separate clip-on mic. This is because (as they claim) most headsets do not offer the same sound quality that headphones will.

I am personally not an audiophile/enthusiast so it's hard for me to make you a recommendation. However I do like any of the sennheiser hd series headphones. I've also heard good things about some of the audio-technica headphones (although I forget which ones exactly). If you must go with headsets, I've seen good reviews for some of the corsair headsets.

Get rid of the X12. No good, unless you play Xbox only.

Between the Z6A and the 780. I'll put it like this:

Z6A: great sound(5.1 surround, but might need a sound card or console that supports 5.1 audio)

Questionable build quality

780: Even better sound(from what people are saying). A great all rounder.

Using them for a long time might cause some discomfort, but that varies and it might not matter.

The GameCon 780 is a headset that is considered great for its price point, and the fact that it's kind of new means that it has several perks to it.

If you prefer the looks on the Turtle Beach then go with the Z6As but if you prefer quality, then the 780 is the one to get. There are better headsets for more but that's another story

Edited by SeraphZero

For great sound on a gaming headset, there isn't anything better than Sennheiser PC350 for the price. They are expensive, but are extremely comfortable and the sound is amazing--but you will need a very good sound card to tell (buy yourself a nice ~$100 7.1 card by ASUS, etc.) I had one pair that is still in excellent condition after two years of steady use, but I runfortunately ipped off the headset portion (accidentally).

But if you're not willing to spend the money, any decent brand (Sennheiser, etc.) headphones at $70 will all sound the same for the same style (open vs. closed) without a nice sound card, it's just a matter of comfort.

Edited by Mujklob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure about a specific headset but I would stay away from razer, many of my friends have had their headsets stop working out of no where. Either logitech or corsair would be my recommendation :D

don't listen to this guy, sounds like a fanboy

I don't know if you already bought your headphones/Headset.

I personally own these : http://www.razerzone.../razer-electra/

They are made by razer, a gaming company, so you know they are made in a way that is comfortable for a long period of time and the sound is awesome. And since you said that you don't mind if there is a mic or not, they seem like a good choice, because it comes with 2 cables: one with a microphone on it, and one without it.

They cost 59.99 US$

Edit: Last week, I recommended them to someone, and she tried them on... 5 minutes later, her order was placed on the razer store.

Edited by Dude888

• 1 month later...