Steam Summer Sale!

Elchzard

I think PC gamers are now all aware that Steam's summer sale has started. But what are you going to be buying? :o

Personally, I have one sentiment on this topic:

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE BROKE THIS MONTH? WHYYYYYYYYYY? D:

I'll probably grab something for the £2.49 I have in my bank account, or borrow from my brother, if the deal is good enough... But unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to pick anything more than that up :(

How about the rest of you, though? What have you got so for, any plans to invest in any of the dev packs, and what are your hopes for the daily deals? :)

• Like 1

I'm contemplating buying the Ubisoft pack. I heard Rayman is really good and I want to play an Assassins game before the one for Wii U comes out (haven't played any in the series before). Also I know Beyond Good and Evil has a cult following. Other than that it's too early to tell. So I'm glad that I have the whole time to think about it. Oh and I hope my friends remember that I have a wishlist. :P

Ughhh, my wallet is being ripped to shreds.

I was gonna make a topic about this but was so busy deliberating if I should buy the Deus Ex collection or save up for when Skyrim gets a mass discount?

I STILL HAVEN'T DECIDED!

AND THERE'S ONLY 30 MINUTES LEFT FOR THE OFFER TO END!

Damn you, Steam!

• Like 1

Broke as hell right now..I was fortunate to get the entire assassin's creed series from last year's christmas sale though. But damn some of those deals look tempting..sucks to be currently unemployed.

I got the same deal at Christmas! Of course I had *ahem* played all the games before, but it was nice to finally own them :)

Lack of money is awful anyway, even worse during Steam Sale season xD

Edited by Elchzard
  • Like 1

God, I am really considering getting the 2K collection (BioShock 2, Borderlands, Spec Ops and Darkness II is all I want actually :P) but I already have too many other games to play! I might have to see if I have any money left after my holiday, otherwise I can't really get any of them :(

Whatever, I bought the manliest game of all!

MAGICAL DIARY.

That game is baller.

I also picked up Portal 2, Portal 2 - The Final Hours, Dungeon Defenders and all their stupid little DLC, and Osmos.

My taste in games is a little eclectic, so it took me a while to figure out what I was willing to pay for. Nothing else so far interests me or I already own it.

Edited by Emotional Outlet
  • Like 1

Whatever, I bought the manliest game of all!

MAGICAL DIARY.

That game is baller.

I also picked up Portal 2, Portal 2 - The Final Hours, Dungeon Defenders and all their stupid little DLC, and Osmos.

My taste in games is a little eclectic, so it took me a while to figure out what I was willing to pay for. Nothing else so far interests me or I already own it.

Aye, Magical Diary looks real damn interesting. I'll probably pick it up if the price goes down to about 50%.

As for Dungeon Defenders, I was a real sucker to buy it full retail when it first came out. Since then, it's seen more price drops that conspiracy theories regarding John F. Kennedy.

Got Darksiders because Darksiders 2 is coming to the Wii U. Hear it has some Zelda elements to it, and who doesn't like that. :D

I already got Darksiders for free with the PlayStation Plus package on PSN so might not get it on Steam. The game is fucking awesome though.

It takes elements from different games from God of War and there's not much innovation in gameplay but the game that they did put together is really fun to play and all the elements involved end up working really well.

In the end, if a game's fun to play, it's a good buy and Darksiders is really fun. Can't wait for the sequel to start playing as Death Himself.

Edited by Nero D. Ace

Haha, yes, starvation is the only option! You must have it!

His stomach will be in some real "pain" in a couple of days that's for sure... Alright... I'll see myself out.

Lol anyway as some of you guys saw Anras Rune and I had a little trade off going on. I got the Ubisoft bundle and he got the Square Enix one.

One of my dilemma's hath begun.

Skyrim showed up on the Daily Deal with a 50% off sticker. However, games that were released at the same time as Skyrim, have gone further to 66-75% off.

Should I buy it right now at 30 bucks or hope and pray that in the next week, it'll show up as a Flash Deal or a Voter's choice and go down another 10 bucks.

Sigh, well might as well take a gamble on it and wait.

So far, I've only gotten the one game, Ass Creed Revelations, and yes, like most people here, it sucks to be somewhat poor. I say somewhat in that I do have money, but its going on so many other things (food, bills, rent, sisters, anime/gaming convention next week) that I simply can't afford to splurge like I would have wanted to.

Also...what's with all the manly games turning up on the Wii U? I knew the original Wii had a couple of dark themed games that I've heard of, so...is Nintendo finally allowing games from the frat-boy demographic in?

Bought Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition last night. Getting ready for the Arkham City version that will hit Wii U. (I'm starting to see a trend here!!!)

Get Arkham City for the PC as well, don't bother with the Wii U. As far as I've heard, the Wii U doesn't support DirectX 11, and AC looks fantastic in DX11...if you can get it to work. My copy works, but I've heard plenty of other people can't get it work.

Edited by RikuoAmero

Well I don't have the best gaming PC. Actually it's not gaming at all. Has a standard graphics card so my games run at low res. and low settings. Everything like the CPU, RAM, and memory is good so the graphics card took the hit. So I'd prefer it to run on a dedicated system that was made for gaming and will guarantee to run everything made for it smoothly. Won't have to tweak anything, it all just works. I mean 480p games on the original Wii probably run/look better than most of the stuff on my PC. :P

Well I don't have the best gaming PC. Actually it's not gaming at all. Has a standard graphics card so my games run at low res. and low settings. Everything like the CPU, RAM, and memory is good so the graphics card took the hit. So I'd prefer it to run on a dedicated system that was made for gaming and will guarantee to run everything made for it smoothly. Won't have to tweak anything, it all just works. I mean 480p games on the original Wii probably run/look better than most of the stuff on my PC. :P

Then...why buy Arkham Asylum? Asylum itself needs a decent card. Are you planning to upgrade?