Halo 2 Anniversary now in development

cloud1414

343 Industries said to be working on another remake alongside Halo 4

A follow-up to the well-received Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is reportedly in the works at 343 Industries.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Screenshot

The studio's known to currently be finishing off work on Halo 4 ahead of the game's November release, but it's also at work on a secret - if not totally unexpected - project, according to the rumours page of the latest issue of OXM UK.

"Following the success of remake Halo Anniversary, 343 Industries has now started development of Halo 2 Anniversary," the magazine claims.

We said in our Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary review: "Remember when you learned which Elites needed killing first and how the Grunts would scatter when you dropped their leader? Remember when you jumped into the Campaign with a friend and rolled around the world in the same Warthog? Those moments were all brand new back in 2001 - and those moments hold up even now, even in the weakest levels."

Would you be up for revisiting Halo 2?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356982/halo-2-anniversary-now-in-development-report/

I got Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary sadly I didn't play it as much as I would of liked to, I guess I wore the game out all thoes years ago when it came out. I must admit it was my favourite game on the X-box. Still If they are making a Halo 2 remake I won't miss the chance to get it, im a halo freak and to get all halo games on the one console is a must so I will get it without a second thought!!

well 343 industries has recently denied of any Halo 2 remake in development sadly.

/>http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-2-hd-remake-in-the-works-6386095

That's a shame actually. I would be all in for shelling out money for a Halo 2 Remake, though then again the graphics thing did become the downfall of co-op in the Halo 1 Anniversary remake, since both players would experience lag if either player had the new-HD mode activated while the other player had low-res active (Or there would even be slower gameplay/major lag when both players had it active). If they could figure out how to fix that so that it would not be an issue, I would be willing to go all in.

• 4 weeks later...