Now Hiring Encoding Staff

We are currently looking for a strong staff of encoders. We are all the positions and there descriptions.

Encoder: Encodes video and finds what looks best

Typesetter: Stylizes subs, matching Romaji signs, and stylizing OPs and EDs

Timers: Finds faults with timings of the subs, and fixes them

Quality Checkers: checks video, audio, and sub quality

Encoding positions, Typesetting positions, and Quality Checking positions MUST require experience and a preview of their work. We can teach anyone how to time subs.

If you are interested please PM Koby or I.

To view our work head over to this thread.

Please, keep this topic clean of debate. Only post here if you're actually interested in joining the team.

If you plan to be an encoder of the team, you'll have to show some of your previous work, in video format as it's hard to judge based on a few screens (please note, all current staff discuss applicants and judge their work, it's not a one man show, so even if one person likes the work, it doesn't guarantee acceptance), as well as list the programs you use for encoding. It is preferred that your encoding method uses avisynth to take advantage of the ability and use of filters to fix issues with the original video source. We also require ass subs in dual-audio releases and not the default pgs, sup, vob, or srt subs. If you don't have this sort of knowledge we can help teach you as long as you're willing to listen and learn. We don't expect people to be perfect or know everything. If there is something you're unsure about, talk to us, we're more than willing to help out. Even experienced encoders will likely be told they could try doing something differently or this or that. So don't be scared to apply.

This is a group, so it's expected that you'll be able to get along and work with the other team members.

At the moment we could really use some Quality Checkers to ensure all projects have someone able and willing to QC them and have them assigned and ready to do their job before the project gets underway.

Please, keep this topic clean of debate. Only post here if you're actually interested in joining the team.

If you plan to be an encoder of the team, you'll have to show some of your previous work, in video format as it's hard to judge based on a few screens (please note, all current staff discuss applicants and judge their work, it's not a one man show, so even if one person likes the work, it doesn't guarantee acceptance), as well as list the programs you use for encoding. It is preferred that your encoding method uses avisynth to take advantage of the ability and use of filters to fix issues with the original video source. We also require ass subs in dual-audio releases and not the default pgs, sup, vob, or srt subs. If you don't have this sort of knowledge we can help teach you as long as you're willing to listen and learn. We don't expect people to be perfect or know everything. If there is something you're unsure about, talk to us, we're more than willing to help out. Even experienced encoders will likely be told they could try doing something differently or this or that. So don't be scared to apply.

This is a group, so it's expected that you'll be able to get along and work with the other team members.

At the moment we could really use some Quality Checkers to ensure all projects have someone able and willing to QC them and have them assigned and ready to do their job before the project gets underway.

Alrighty, Ill go ahead and apply later if I still feel like it.

Again I'll say, I can do quality checking only atm. As I mentioned before I've got to much on my plate atm to get into encoding properly. Maybe next month I'll be able to help with the encoding, but until then...qc would be better and easier. Obviously I'd need a bit of knowledge on what you want me to do... lol

For now we're not allowing mini encodes for our releases. As we believe that it'll give Kametsu a bad name encoding wise.

Again I'll say, I can do quality checking only atm. As I mentioned before I've got to much on my plate atm to get into encoding properly. Maybe next month I'll be able to help with the encoding, but until then...qc would be better and easier. Obviously I'd need a bit of knowledge on what you want me to do... lol

Am I correct in saying that you want to help QC? Its takes a dedicated individual to QC. You must know about ALOT of video artifacts and can see if subs are out of place, and basically take apart a mkv and make sure that everything is in order. I don't mind teaching you how to do it at all. However you'd need a mic, since its a lengthy process.

For now we're not allowing mini encodes for our releases. As we believe that it'll give Kametsu a bad name encoding wise.

Am I correct in saying that you want to help QC? Its takes a dedicated individual to QC. You must know about ALOT of video artifacts and can see if subs are out of place, and basically take apart a mkv and make sure that everything is in order. I don't mind teaching you how to do it at all. However you'd need a mic, since its a lengthy process.

A mic eh? Well I'll see what I can do in that case. Might have to wait til Aus even for that it seems. And yeah, I know QC is time consuming, but when your computer takes over an hour to encode a single file it takes less time... lmao

A mic eh? Well I'll see what I can do in that case. Might have to wait til Aus even for that it seems. And yeah, I know QC is time consuming, but when your computer takes over an hour to encode a single file it takes less time... lmao

Yeah, its not mandatory but I'm cramming months of research into a day or two, so it'll definitely help alot.