Stronger Hokage

Leviathan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hokage basically increase in strength as time goes on, simply because everyone improves their techniques over time and the average power level is increased. So the first is legendary for starting the village and controlling the tailed beasts. But the fourth was stronger than the third, who could fight the first and second at the same time.

The Hokage basically increase in strength as time goes on, simply because everyone improves their techniques over time and the average power level is increased.

I have a different opinion about it. If you watch the current manga then you would find that Madara clearly states that Tsunade and all the present kage are nothing compared to Hashirame Senju(1st hokage). So, ninjas getting better after every generations isn't true for all cases. In my opinion, the third hokage in his prime was the strongest coz he had the most experience. the 1st comes next and then is Minato. I'm sure Minato could surpass all the previous hokages if he had more time.I place the logic of my answer below:

1. 3rd Hokage beat the two previous hokages(though they were not at their max coz the reanimation technique was imperfect and they had no will of fire to give them strength)

2. 1st hokage stronger than 4th (He was able to beat Madara and subdue the kyuubi) but the 4th had to sacrifice himself in doing that. Note that Madara was far stronger than Tobi when tobi fought the fourth. This isn't my strongest reason coz hashirame's wood release allowed him to subdue the kyuubi.

3. Most of the time, the true potential of a ninja shows up after huge experience. the 3rd was well known as the God of ninja beacause of this very reason. And though some might say that Minato(4th) was stronger than Hashirame(1st), he actually couldn't reach that level yet.

4. Just consider Madara with his eternal mangekyou only. He was easily able to tackle all the five Kages with it. And Hashirame was a bit stronger than Madara. So, it is clear that he was the stronger of the two coz Minato had a hard time beating only the 4th Raikage.

But the fourth was stronger than the third, who could fight the first and second at the same time.

We cannot compare their strengths coz the 3rd became old and physically weak when Minato became the 4th. Still at that old age, he was able to beat the two previous hokage and seriously harm Orochimaru. That is an awesome accomplishment indeed.

Well that serves to explain it, I have only watched the first 140 odd episodes of Shippuden so I have not heard any of the recent parts.

However, a couple points. From my understanding, the 3rd gave up the seat of Hokage because the 4th was strong enough to take the position. From this we can assume that the 4th has skills that at least come to nearly match those of the 3rd. Now we look at the fact that while he was Hokage, he developed other techniques like Rasengan or Reaper Death Seal and must have powered up, making him stronger than the 3rd.

As to your point that the 1st was able to control the Kyuubi, this is because he had a jutsu that would allow him to do so. The 4th did not have this technique, and so instead of just using the technique to control, he used the only technique he knew that would work, that of a sealing jutsu that would use his life force to operate.

For your point that the 4th wasnt experienced enough, then why not think what he would be like if he was able to age more. He was younger than any of the Hokage previously, and so would have a good amount of time to power up and overtake them if he had the chance. If you want to look at the 3rd in his prime, we should also look at the 4th in what should have been his prime.

Finally, look at your point of Tsunade. Really she should not have been the Hokage at all since both Orochimaru and Jiraya were more powerful. As such, she should not be considered a Hokage due to the fact that she was not the best of her generation. Also, we cant compare her to the others since her abilities are not really suited for combat.

Edit: No reason for me to make another post of this, just wanted to say that I do agree with you. Just that I am saying stuff from what I understand. Since you are way further ahead then you can argue stuff that I dont know. So I can agree that the 1st is the strongest, or the 3rd.

Well that serves to explain it, I have only watched the first 140 odd episodes of Shippuden so I have not heard any of the recent parts.

However, a couple points. From my understanding, the 3rd gave up the seat of Hokage because the 4th was strong enough to take the position. From this we can assume that the 4th has skills that at least come to nearly match those of the 3rd. Now we look at the fact that while he was Hokage, he developed other techniques like Rasengan or Reaper Death Seal and must have powered up, making him stronger than the 3rd.

Actually, the third gave up his position coz he was getting old, not that anyone stronger than him emerged.

As to your point that the 1st was able to control the Kyuubi, this is because he had a jutsu that would allow him to do so. The 4th did not have this technique, and so instead of just using the technique to control, he used the only technique he knew that would work, that of a sealing jutsu that would use his life force to operate.

I agree with you on this. That's why I said it wasn't my strongest logic.

For your point that the 4th wasnt experienced enough, then why not think what he would be like if he was able to age more. He was younger than any of the Hokage previously, and so would have a good amount of time to power up and overtake them if he had the chance. If you want to look at the 3rd in his prime, we should also look at the 4th in what should have been his prime.

We cannot consider something that never happened. We will consider someone's prime when he was alive. And basically, Minato's prime was when he fought the kyuubi.

Finally, look at your point of Tsunade. Really she should not have been the Hokage at all since both Orochimaru and Jiraya were more powerful. As such, she should not be considered a Hokage due to the fact that she was not the best of her generation. Also, we cant compare her to the others since her abilities are not really suited for combat.

We are not only considering Tsunade, but all the present Kages in all five villages. If you read the manga, you would find out that Minato was at equal levels and finally a little stronger than the 4th Raikage(they were roughly the same age). But madara is far stronger than the 4th raikage and hashirame was stronger than madara. So, the 1st hokage is clearly stronger than the 4th.

We cannot consider something that never happened. We will consider someone's prime when he was alive. And basically, Minato's prime was when he fought the kyuubi.

But if the 4th woud have lived as long as the 1st then it was sure that the 4th would have been the strongest hokage.

• 3 weeks later...

Kishimoto claimed that Hashirama was the strongest (heck even Madara/Tobi claimed it) and based on the fact that he was able to repel both Madara (the next strongest ninja in the world) who was using the EMS as well as the Nine Tails at the same time it is a safe bet to say that he is the strongest.

The order is: Hashirama, Madara, Minato with all of the other kage being below these. Although I think the 3rd raikage would give any of them a pretty good fight and Tobi's full strength has yet to be revealed.

I would love to see the fight between Hashirama and Madara =\ , that would give us a better understanding on what he is capable of instead of just words xd to be honest. but I'd have to go with Hashirama with this with all the big talk going on about how he is the strongest from other people in Naruto Shippuden~

I would love to see the fight between Hashirama and Madara =\ , that would give us a better understanding on what he is capable of instead of just words xd to be honest. but I'd have to go with Hashirama with this with all the big talk going on about how he is the strongest from other people in Naruto Shippuden~

The Hashirama x Madara fight is fully animated and came with all copies of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, it is the opening video for the Tale of Madara Uchiha.

Here, this is the video: uQzxU6eFIoA

The Hashirama x Madara fight is fully animated and came with all copies of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, it is the opening video for the Tale of Madara Uchiha.

Thank you so much ^^ that really did shed some light onto who I think is the stronger Hokage, and by the clip that was definitely some crazy strength going on o.o ... he dealt with the Nine Tails and Madara (In his prime , I'm assuming) and wow, definitely got my vote, Hashirama all the way ~ xd

Thanks again for the clip, much appreciated.

i need this in my life! but is english voice is bad. it sounds like just about every villain in dubbed anime!