Which would you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360?

asassin06

i never really got why people always got fanboyish on this question as both are really great systems in their own rights, personally i have both of them, but i tend to play the ps3 and do prefer it but the reasons aren't because of graphics etc its more to do with the fact that i prefer the controller and all my friends play ps3 online. Dont get me wrong i still play the xbox because i do like some of the exclusives on it but i always find myself going back to the ps3.

In judging the two i would say the ps3 has a very minor lead because of the fact thats a) i prefer the online community and B) its free to go online, what annoyed me the most about the xbox is the online fee (which i know isn't that much, still its the principle since the ps3 and wii are free, but also the fact that i had to fork out an extra £30 to buy an adapter to go online so i couldn't just jump in when i got it) also when i got it first the xbox was noisy for me which was annoying , but now doesn't bother me. If xbox became free to play online it will be really really difficult to decide, but i've always been a ps3 man myself.

also i like the wii :D

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any, but I think I'd prefer the Xbox 360 slightly over the PS3. I have a friend who owns one and ever since I discovered how better the 360 controller is compared to the PS2/PS3 ones I got so used to (in my opinion), I don't think I'd ever choose a PS3 over the Xbox. That, and also the seemingly bigger library and some of the exclusives.

Ps3 I own both consoles. Only things its really lacking are the ability to play music in-game(microsoft patented that) and some kind of microphone party system. Other than that is amazing. For starters you dont need to pay for xboxlive. Secondly, the games exclusive to the ps3 are just pure amazing, Demon's souls is a good example, as well as god of war and killzone. It has a blueray player inside so that you dont have to go buy one as it can be used as a blu-ray player and gaming console. Its graphics are far better then that of the xbox. Its is much quieter, you dont have to constantly send it in for repairs like you do an xbox. Its far simpler to use. As if all those weren't enough. It will now be the first non portable gaming console to get the 3-d thing going on (though thats and iffy area)

I have had a 360 and Wii since both were released, i waited a long time (November 2010) till i actually got my PS3, but i had used the PS3 before for 3 or so games.

While i don't really like to compare systems, my personal favourite will always be:

Drum roll:

None of them.

They both suffer from the same regurgitation that is nothing but a cut paste of game mechanics of the last generation.

Right now my least favourite has to be PS3 tho, not because of the actual system, but because of Sony's attitude about it.

If you don't know anything about it research the current state of PS3 hacking.

The PS3 held the longest record in history for a game console not to be hacked.

Something like 4-5 years. And now that they are finally being hit by the hack wave they are taking the route of wounded puppy, while the whole time they have done nothing but cheer for the fact that 360 and Wii have been losing money.

When the shoe hit the other foot they have been doing nothing but sending their flunkies out into the interwebs to try and piss on the rights of consumers.

They basicly think even tho i own my console, that they have the right to say what i do with it.

Im a supporter of homebrew, yet they quickly showed us that they think of us as nothing more then dirty hackers who think stealing is the way of the world.

Ive not pirated a game to my PS3 Wii or Xbox to this date.

Yet even i have been labeled a pirate simply for installing custom firmware that lets me play and develop homebrew applications for hardware i own.

It's the same thing as calling anyone who owns a gun a murderer. Yes their are those out there who would use these advancments for wrong doing, but at the end of the day, their attitude towards the scene has shown nothing but disrespect for there loyal customers that were sick of there restrictions.

Probably just rambling now, but what did sony expect, they sent a clear message to PS3 owner that they don't trust them when they decided to remove OtherOS. This enraged there hardcore consumers and they brought this eventual predicament onto themselves.

Removing Linux made them a target for hackers, Dev's and pirates alike.

if i had to pick a console, i think that ps3 suits me better. i love to watch movies and hd is great so i take advantage of blu ray on it. as far as games, they make most on both consoles now adays. i don't like how sony makes you but everything with their name on it if you want it to work with their other things though. but i do like that you can switch the hdd and upgrade to a bigger one that is 2.5 in. i guess it really just depends upon each person. 360 is fine too though