The Saddest Ending of a Game

Saidon

Its obviously pokemon red and blue!!! Gary trys dearly to get his famous grandfathers attention, but he favours a random boy instead. Trying to show Oak that he is worthy, gary takes a pokemon and fights said boy and loses. Shamed, he vows to go and become the best trainer ever to make his grandfather proud. He travels through the world, defeating gym leaders and strengthening his team of pokemon. Finally, he comes to the elite four and defeats them all, thus becoming the pokemon champion of the world. Suddenly, a challenger approaches. That boy!!!! And he loses, crushing him utterly and making it so that he will never be able to prove himself to his grandfather. Oh the shame!

Its obviously pokemon red and blue!!! Gary trys dearly to get his famous grandfathers attention, but he favours a random boy instead. Trying to show Oak that he is worthy, gary takes a pokemon and fights said boy and loses. Shamed, he vows to go and become the best trainer ever to make his grandfather proud. He travels through the world, defeating gym leaders and strengthening his team of pokemon. Finally, he comes to the elite four and defeats them all, thus becoming the pokemon champion of the world. Suddenly, a challenger approaches. That boy!!!! And he loses, crushing him utterly and making it so that he will never be able to prove himself to his grandfather. Oh the shame!

LOL ^ that information right there just blew my face off.

So tell me, what game do you think had the saddest ending?

Personally, I think Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots would definitely stand at the top.

Final Fantasy: Crisis Core is up there as well.

If you sneezed during reminiscing of sad video games

Bless you.

Yeah agreed both of those games did have pretty sad endings and both were really good and fun to play it was a great experience despite the sadding moments/ endings

LOL^ i never thought about viewing pokemon that way but just got to say that is quite very depressing, gotta have a little bit of sympathy for gary after reading that

The ending for chrono trigger that you get for beating the final boss without bothering to save a certain person, and believe it or not, the ending for the third prince of persia game...Time travel stories where people lose memories just get to me every time, also Metal Gear Solid 3.

*spoiler alert if you haven't played FFVII or Crisis Core

I would have said Crisis Core if i wasn't expecting the ending from the beginning. I knew they weren't going to have trouble * killing off people when they killed off Aerith/Aeris in FFVII. I think i was most sad about MGS4 because I knew it was the end in some way or another for snake.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2... <Insert subtitle here> :/

I know I know... Any game with 'pokemon' in the title would just be out of the question. Well, minus red/blue, given the comments way over in the second post maybe. Anyway, the ending in general was 'good guys win, yay'... But there was just one part that (both times I played) that just made meh all choked up. All that, plus the little fact I haven't played any other games with an even remotely 'sad ending'... None that actually got me choked up like that anyway.

Imma pansy. d: