Overratted Final Fantasy Game

TheWingedAziel

• 2 months later...

Aww I loved 12 actually, I think it's probably my joint favourite with 10. That may have something to do with those being the first two I played though. They were both very different, I guess 12 isn't quite as character focused and Vaan was a terrible character.

I'm not an old school final fantasy fan though, I much prefer the 3d ones over the 2d ones (although I still haven't gotten around the playing VI) as I can't stand grinding and random battles unless the battle system is actually varied (I know there's still some of that in most of the them but it seemed toned down to me). I really enjoyed the battle system in 12 though, although I did struggle at some of the bosses as I only trained 3/6 of the characters.

To be honest I don't think any of them are overrated really, I really enjoyed VII and when I finished it I said "That's my favourite FF ever!" but I change my mind a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Final fantasy 12 is the highest overrated game..period.

LOL. How can it be overrated when no one talks about it? It was largely overlooked and forgotten. If anything, it's the most underrated FF game on the PS2 generation.

Besides compared to every FF title that has came after it, FF13 and FF13-2, FF12 was epic. Now, compared to past games it was nothing to write home about, sure... but FF13 and FF13-2 are simply that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

13 was by far the worst FF game yet. Almost completely linear, little to no playerinteraction necessary in battle, And far too easy, Challenge didn't exist until admantoises appeared and even then what other difficult battles were there? But... It did have an in depth story with lots of character evolution and was graphically beautiful

haven't really played 1 and 2

3 was fun on DS

4 had really cool characters

Didn't play much of 5

6 is probably my 2nd favorite. but i never got to finish it

7 was good but definately not the best, did not need 4 spinoffs, and anime, and a movie (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Before Crisis {mobile}, DoC Lost chapter {mobile}) though Cloud should have died and Zack been the star of 7)

favorite was 8. i played it enough times that i know how to make uber chars before disc 2.

9 was awesome, brought back orignial style of FF games: setting, plot type, and the 4 character party

10 was ok

10-2 had a really good battle system but it was too girly for my taste.

12 was good

• 3 weeks later...

13 was definitely linear, but a great story line. It kept me engaged the entire play through. Not like a lot of open games - fable, elder scrolls, etc where I just lose interest and don't care what happens to the characters. Its probably a draw or a step ahead of 10 for me. 7 is hands down my favorite. Really wish they would re-make it for the PS3 or PS4.

I think 8 is the most over-rated. Out of the three times I tried to play the game I kept quitting half way through disc 3. It didn't engage me at all. Maybe if I tried again as an adult I may get more out of it.

I think 8 is the most over-rated. Out of the three times I tried to play the game I kept quitting half way through disc 3. It didn't engage me at all. Maybe if I tried again as an adult I may get more out of it.

LOL, how could 8 be overrated? It was overlooked by pretty much everyone because of 7.

I agree it didn't have anywhere near the hype largely due to 7, but a couple people in this thread said it was their favorite and several of my rl friends also agree that 8 is the best.

Even when I went into the store to buy 8 the guys in the shop were raving about how much better 8 was than 7.

On to 13-2 next weekend. I'll see how this one is. I've heard game play is the same so it will all depend on the story.

12 didn't really have that niche character feel that the others used to give you. Everyone just felt like....they were you. Unlike the others where you had that ONE character to play as for the whole narration. Nevertheless, I still loved 12, had such a blast with it.