Overratted Final Fantasy Game

TheWingedAziel

• 2 months later...

Well, to me, FFVII is the most overrated. I've never understood the appeal. I probably never will. But man does it get a lot of hype for nothing. I mean, it was an okay (at best) game, but I just don't think it deserves all that hype and praise it gets. It wasn't THAT good...

Yes, I played and finished it. And when I wasn't confused thanks to all of the plotholes or annoyed because of some of the characters (don't even get me started on Sephiroth, who just may be my least favorite video character of all time despite the fact that he has sooooooooooo many fansssssssssss), I was legit bored to tears. Seriously. I don't know what it was, but the story definitely didn't suck me in. By the end, I was just ready to be done with it. And I think it goes without saying that the crappy blocktastic mess of polygons was laughable at best. But it's not just that. There were so many moments that I thought were really really dumb. Especially regarding Cloud.

The ONLY things FFVII has going for it (for me, at least) are the fact that it has a few characters I did love, the fact that it spawned Advent Children, which I did like, and some of the crazy humor in there (like the crossdressing part and getting raped by a bunch of bodybuilders...wtf).

Anyway, for those who do love FFVII, I'm very happy for you. I just wish it would have had the same effect on me. I don't like knocking a game, but it just wasn't for me. And I feel that because FFVII was so overrated, FFVIII was in turn horribly underrated.

I just have a hard time understanding what is so OMFG GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about this game.

But oh well, differing opinions are a beautiful thing. I think the saying goes "variety is the spice of life" or some shit.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To me i thought Final Fantasy XII was a bit................ can't really put a word to describe it but i just didn't enjoy it compared to the others I've played over the years.

I also did'nt like it very much. I think FFX is the best FF of all time and FFX-2 is second and FF Dissidia is the third.

FF 7 and FF 8 PS1 are excellent.

FFXIII is not perfect but is still worth playng and you feel that you can't miss it.

I played FF 1 to FF 10-2 and FF 12 and FF 13.

I want to play FFXIII-2 but I don't have much time because of my work on writing a new book.

:2cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy X in my opinion. After hearing so much about it from forums and friends, I finally got around to playing it. The whole game all the way to the credits, I was waiting for a plot twist like the ones from VII, VIII, or IX but it never came. I was left disappopinted.

• 2 months later...

I also don't think there is an overrated final fantasy game. Each game in its time did something great (except XIII IMO) and each deserve some kind of praise. Still sometimes I would want people to realise that FFVI fall short in gameplay department compared to FFV greatness, that FFVIII's story doesn't make much sense, that FFXII pacing doesn't make its story bad (but bland and notthat exciting I could agree), etc.

I think 8 is the most over-rated. Out of the three times I tried to play the game I kept quitting half way through disc 3. It didn't engage me at all. Maybe if I tried again as an adult I may get more out of it.

LOL, how could 8 be overrated? It was overlooked by pretty much everyone because of 7.

Yeah, a lot of people preferred 7&9 over 8. I think FFXI was, well... Overrated. I dunno about 13 or 13-2. I think the concept of making sequels to the original # was a bad idea. If anything, this thread should be called underrated given all the talk lol.

FFVIII is, and will remain one of my favorite FF's of all time. One I think personally got overrated was the typical FFX-2 :/

Edited by Kageshiro

• 3 months later...

FFX-2. Yep. It was hyped up to be the next biggie, because lets face it. 10 was great, as good as the day they discovered sliced cheese. But man, X-2 was the biggest let down ever. You didn't even see the true ending unless you were a true completionist and did the 100% without missing a beat.