Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Katongo

Little Brother: Hey Big Brother, which one comes first the chicken or the egg?

Me: Big smile :big_smile: Not thinking, feeling all high and mighty at first and answered the chicken of course

Little Brother: oh OK and goes away

Me: Speaking to myself wwwwwwwwait a minute, Thinking...Thinking... If the chicken came first, then didn't it hatch from an egg? And if the egg came first, wasn't it laid by a chicken?

Think more.....Think more.... final conclusions it has to do with evolution somehow i mean rrrrrrrrright! hehehe, i mean if you think of it that way it all makes sense right! SOMETHING evolved into a chicken.....

What do you guys think?

The fun part of this question is that we don't know for sure what the answer is with firsthand proof.

Logically the answer is pretty simple. Evolution is usually seen in forms of mutation, and mutation occurs in the genes of cells. Most of you probably know that your genetic code doesn't change from the moment you are born, so any mutations that happen are going to be during the conception period. Though evolution is much slower than my example, the first chicken would have had two prehistoric bird parents that had an odd egg.

Bottom line: Egg.

The correct answer is... The animal that evolved into the animal, that evolved into another animal that eventually evolved into a chicken, came before the egg. Because earliest life did not hatch from eggs. However, if you are talking about only the origin of the chicken from the animal it evolved from, then the egg would have come first. And the mommy would have been all "WTF? It looks nothing like me!"