1. 1. What Type Of Gamer Are You?

• Occasional Gamer
    • Frequent Gamer
    • Addicted-Obsessive Gamer
    • RPG-Only Gamer
    • Fanboy/Fangirl Gamer
    • Not-At-All Gamer
    • Bit-Of-Everything Gamer

Well, considering the selection of devices that provide a large diversity of gaming options for the player, what type of gamer could you honestly rate yourself as? Go over the following list, and choose which best describes you.

~~~ Occasional Gamer: You don't play games all the time but you do enjoy indulging yourself in a bit of game-play from time to time.

~~~ Frequent Gamer: You probably find yourself at the keyboard of a computer or holding a console remote of some kind on a daily basis. However you do balance all of this out by having a 'life' on the side.

~~~ Addicted-Obsessive Gamer: Who needs a life when I have games! On average, you spend several hours of most days playing a game of some kind. You may or may not be a solo gamer, but the fact remains that you enjoy this passion almost religiously...

~~~ RPG-Only Gamer: You are seldom interested in any type of game bar Role-Playing-Games. Racing? FPS? GPS? Who needs any of that crap?! The Realms of Fantasy are your passion, and you can't get enough of these types of games but generally have a disliking of any other genre.

~~~ Fanboy/Fangirl Gamer: You are a 'company person', who has loyalties to usually just one console company alone, i.e. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and et cetera. While you may particularly love one company, there's usually one other that you completely despise. The thoughts of either 'Meh Halo sux' or 'Mario? LOL!' are most common in your thoughts.

~~~ Not-At-All Gamer: Don't really give a damn about games at all. Simple enough.

~~~ Bit-Of-Everything Gamer: Consider this the 'Other' choice. You are more or less undefined when compared to the other available selections. In this case, please explain what type of gamer you are and how it's different from other choices.

After choosing what you will, feel free to go into detail if you think there are a few more things we need to know about the type of gamer you really are.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~~~ Addicted-Obsessive Gamer: Who needs a life when I have games! On average, you spend several hours of most days playing a game of some kind. You may or may not be a solo gamer, but the fact remains that you enjoy this passion almost religiously...

Yeah unfortunately I kind of fall into this class, when I get my hands on a new game I could finish it in one go meaning I'll spend on end about 2 days straight playing a game till I pass out or the power cuts off. I got a life but gaming is more fun, even during exams I would pull out a game and play it for a couple of hours before I hit the books.

Nothing to be ashamed of. I'd he pretty damn happy if I could Game that much since it wouldn't be too hard to juggle gaming during the week and partying on weekends. I guess even if I had all the time in the world I still wouldn't be able to progress (yes, progress.) past Frequent Gamer status. I think at the moment I do fall into that category since I'm only working casually right now, but in the end I reckon I average out to just being an Occasional Gamer. As long as I'm still a gamer of any capacity in my forties or whatever, I think I'll be pretty happy.

I'm a Bit-of-everything-gamer my reason is I tend to play whatever has good gameplay or story.

On consoles I play mostly FPS,RPG,Hack and Slashes. but I give racing games fighting games and others a chance if I've read good reviews on them.

On PC I mostly play MMORPG's or MMOFPS unless a game interest's me enough XD ((though I'll never play WoW cause it's too boring to grind months for a level))

but more or less I'm more than willing to play anygame aside from sportsgames racing aside xD

I picked a Bit-Of-Everything Gamer because there are times when I'm addicted to a game and I'll play it for most of the day and not respond to people in the real world. But there are periods when I won't play any games for a few days to a week. As for what kind of games I play I prefer RPGs but I don't limit myself to them, I have enjoyed playing FPS with my brothers and sports/race games aren't so bad once I get the hang of them. I like to keep a game handy in case I get bored when I go out.

I had to answer the addicted-obsessive kind. I love games. D&D, console, PC, Angry Birds... Everything goes. Horror and gore is genre I stay out of. Otherwise anything, just let me playyy! When I'm not reading manga or watching anime, I'm playing. WoW is my weapon of choice. Gnome warlock.

Love games in general so i said a bit of everything but i really love RPGs more than others but sports and racing have their place in my heart *looks at NFS underground 2 case collecting dust* o the old days......

Also ther should be an option for competitive gaming freak. Some people like to face the computers but i love facing people. anything where i can match up against another human being is golden and my true side comes out. I have a fiery love of winning and the blackest hate for losing in anything competitive. Im not a sore loser i just will do whatever to win including cheap tactics or trash talk.

Id like to vote my self a "Competitive Jerk" gamer.

~~~ Frequent Gamer: You probably find yourself at the keyboard of a computer or holding a console remote of some kind on a daily basis. However you do balance all of this out by having a 'life' on the side.

This would have to be me right here, im not a full on gamer, I just cant spends days on days playing games sure I can play for hours a day if its a game I enjoy and the right conditions are met but im not hardcore. I do have a social life.

Yeah, thats me.

However, I'm mainly a PC gamer, meaning I do all my gaming on my computer. I will however play the console games for games such as soccer or basketball.

I'm definitely in two categories: occasional gamer [because college likes to take up all my time, grrrr] and RPG Only Gamer. I love RPGs because they have an emphasis of a story. Since I really suck at video games [got a game over on the first dungeon of Ocarina of Time, yeah I'm pathetic], the only way I can enjoy them is so I can see the story progress. That's my motivation to keep playing because I wanna know what happens next!