Type: TV

Episodes: Unknown

Aired: Oct 7, 2011 to ?

Producers: Aniplex, AIC A.S.T.A., Sentai FilmworksL

Genres: Adventure, Mystery, School, Sci-Fi, Super Power, Supernatural

Duration: 25 min. per episode

Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Synopsis:

Persona 4 takes place in the same universe as Persona 3 in a rural town named Inaba. There have been mysterious murders occurring whenever there was fog after heavy rain. There were also rumors about a channel on television airing only at midnight called Mayonaka TV, during which it is said that one can see his/her "other half" when staring at the TV screen.

After hearing about a recent unsolved murder which occurred during the fog, the characters—the main character, Chie, and Yosuke—discuss how each of them had attempted to watch the mysterious TV channel and witnessed the murder victim. The protagonist later realizes that during midnight when the channel is on, his body can phase into his television set as a gateway to enter another world infested with shadows.

After discovering this, they all decide to explore. When first completely entering the world, dazed and confused, the main character meets Teddie. Mayonaka TV and the town murders seem to have a connection. The murder victims may be merely victims of Mayonaka TV. Everyone decides that they will together try to solve the mysterious murders by exploring the hidden world of Mayonaka TV.

After the closing events of Persona 3 on January 31, 2010, Persona 4 starts April 11, 2011, Putting the start of Persona 4 fourteen months after the end of Persona 3, this is also evident by the appearance of an older Chihiro, who is now a 3rd year student.

I'm really liking it so far! Persona 4 is my favorite game, so of course I was beyond excited when they first announced that it would be made into an anime. At the same time, I knew that I would judge it very harshly for the very same reason.

With that said, I think it's doing the game justice and only makes me love Persona 4 even more. It's nice to see the protagonist with an actual personality now. The characters are lovable as ever. The music is snazzy as ever (a lot of it comes from the game, but there is some new stuff thrown in there). I'm definitely looking forward to the episodes to come!

I haven't played any game in this series or watched the other anime adoption (now I want to go and watch it^^), but after seeing the first few episodes I really like this anime. At times it's pretty dark, but finds it's way back to subtle light humor without forcing it's self. The actual plot is decent but the storyline has been really good, with the diverse characters making it loads of fun for me.

I was worried I was going to hate this anime after watching the trailer for it a few months back but decided to give it a go anyway and after the first episode I was hooked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've recently played Persona 4 and finished it around the time the anime started. I'm absolutely loving the anime. I was a little disappointed because the art style isn't as good as the cutscenes in the game, but they are pushing them through really quickly.

I love seeing Souji/Yu with a personality and I think the personality they chose is great. I can't wait for a dub, but if they don't use the voice actors from the game (especially Johnny Yong Bosch) I don't know what I'll do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like how it follows the game, so I at least get to watch the story since I never progressed in the game ('cause iSuck LOL) I also LOVE how it sticks to the original game art. So prettyyyyyy!!! I mean Trinity Soul had some pretty art too but P4: The Animation's more accurate to the game *u*

I'm really liking it so far! Persona 4 is my favorite game, so of course I was beyond excited when they first announced that it would be made into an anime. At the same time, I knew that I would judge it very harshly for the very same reason.

With that said, I think it's doing the game justice and only makes me love Persona 4 even more. It's nice to see the protagonist with an actual personality now. The characters are lovable as ever. The music is snazzy as ever (a lot of it comes from the game, but there is some new stuff thrown in there). I'm definitely looking forward to the episodes to come!

I agree it does follow the game but I would like to have seen more in each episode. This is followed as a harem anime but has not romance figure that one out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have played P4 quite a few times, but Ive still havent seen all of the episodes of the animation. Ive seen most of the subs, and a few of the dubs. They are both really good, but the dub too abit of getting used to since they changed the VA for Chie. Now that Ive seen more of it, its not that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in love with all Shin Megami Tensei games. I played both Persona 3 and Persona 4 back in 2008, I never did get to finish P4. This seemed like a great excuse to finish up the story, but when they announced the remake of P4 for Vita, Persona 4 Golden, I ended up pre-ordering the collector's edition, so I'm probably gonna hold off on finishing this anime until I've finished the game. I'll most likely end up watching the dub.

From what I have seen (the first half or so) it's a pretty amazing adaptation, for once the main character in Persona actually has a personality of sorts. His personality seems seamlessly adaptable to the situation, especially for comedic purposes, which is one thing I love about this anime.

Bottom line, as others have stated, anyone who played the game would likely want to watch this.