sad deaths?

shyguysteve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought L's death in Deathnote was sad, especially since they built him up as such a strong character.

Mays Hughes in the original Fullmetal Alchemist was also very tragic. Brotherhood's version killed him like a punk too early and never built him up enough to have the same effect, but it was still sad.

The saddest death in any anime that I've seen, however, was Rosette in Chrono Crusade.

(For this I'll put the animes that has sad deaths for me and then in a spoiler area the deaths in that specific anime.)

Animes that have made me tear up are:

Air

Clannad: After Story

Kanon (2006)

Zero No Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi

Only open the spoiler(s) if you've either seen the anime or don't mind the anime being spoilt for you.

Air:

The ending where Misuzu was trying her hardest to reach Haruko was pretty sad.

Clannad After Story:

After episode 15 it becomes sadder and sadder, even the parts where Tomoya & Ushio get along I knew what was going to happen before it did. But saddest parts were when Nagisa died and when Ushio died.

Kanon (2006):

When you find out that Ayu is only a hallucination and the whole flash back of when she fell off the tree was really sad.

Zero No Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi:

After the fight, where Saito fought that entire army, it was really sad (well that was until it was spoiled).

Although these parts might not be that sad, I might just be a little bit too emotional when I watch anime.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Asuma from Naruto Shippuuden, Then Jiraya (Learned of his death prior to watching those eps of Shipp. I couldn't bare to watch them) I was also completely sad when Kakashi saw his dad, but now he's alive so yay! Party time!

I also found the end of Death note very sad, where Light died... even though we totally saw it coming and new that would be his fait.

I also cried when Hishashi Igo died in the beginning of Highschool of the dead )=