flaws in naruto

shyguysteve

not really a flaw but something that bugged me after watching episodes that include orochimaru.

it was in the anime he states that he's after or already has the ability to obtain eternal youth and life.

but he always needs a new fresh sturdy body, thus the whole basis for sasuke to be with him due to his sharringan, because orochimaru also wants to posses all the jutsu the world has to offer.

but the uchiha clan is famous in konoha so why is orochimaru just seeing the ability of an uchiha member when he peeps on itachi when he was training?

i mean at that point in time orochimaru should have already known so much about the uchiha.

they are so well known in the ninja world, why did orochimaru act like he never knew anything about them when seeing itachi training?

if he was experimenting with so many people how is he unable to get one uchiha member?

when danzo got like 10, or however many he got.

we all know orochimaru was a member of the akatsuki, so he should have known hidan or kakuzu.

then this is obvious, why didnt orochimaru pursue their type of life extension, specially hidan, if not take his body at least learn the method.

they are strong but orochimaru is much smarter then hidan and more then able to learn of the methods that gave him eternal life.

something else that bugs me about nagato, is his eyes are the fabled eyes of legend right?

why has he never used them to the legendary extent?

byakugan is pretty much an HD visual reading of chakra flow

sharringan mimics hand signs and chakra flow so the user then is able to preform what he/she see's.

so what can the rennegan do besides what nagato has used it for? then just seeing chakra?

also nagato was over sold, he dies the same way itachi dies but he should have been much stronger through out the entire series.

i mean we see him fight hard core with ninetails naruto but pfff he's so lame losing to regular naruto.

about sasuke, why he was even left alive sucks.

so itachi goes through all this BS to save the village and keeps his lil bro alive kay?

so what about other young uchiha that were unknown of the clans motives? he just kill them anyway?

he left sasuke alive so that he could one day kill itachi... thats what he says but what he wants is totally different.

his goals were always for the villages safety.

but under that he kept his brother alive which is odd now because if itachi was straight with sasuke then maybe he wouldnt be such a little puppet,

but apparently itachi wanted sauke to be the hero of the village, so thats why he wanted to die by sasukes hand.

if itachi was aware of tobi's motives for sasuke wouldnt he have had enough incentive to kill tobi?

the deal with tobi is weird, i get itachi seeking some help for killing his clan, to keep the blame away from anyone inside the village, but if itachi was as strong as everyone thinks, why not just end tobi if he was such a threat?

itachi knows how dangerous tobi is thats why he joined the akatsuki to keep an eye on him for the remainder of his life, as skilled as itachi is on every level he should be more then capable to kill the akatsuki members.

same issue why akatsuki members didnt run down orochimaru he was another enemy of them, why not kill him with the power of so many S-class rogue ninjas to make it easy.

and tobi himself is a mystery, is he an uchiha member?

did he steal eyes?

if what he says is true about giving nagato his eyes, then when in the story did he meet nagato?

if thats even true how did he get those eyes to give?

and how the hell does ren or rin or w/e her name was be able to take obito's eye and give it to kakashi when actual medics of higher status havent been able to do it like at all, so they say in the anime.

also the biggest thing that annoys me, is naruto is suppose to be the hero of the leaf that keeps the fox demon inside of him right?

thats what the 3rd hokage says and what the 4th had intended at the time it happened.

so why does the 3rd allow people to shun naruto all of his childhood?

and even more odd why is naruto unaware of who is parents are?

like wtf!?

he's the son of the 4th hokage why didnt anyone tell him!?

so this is what i notice or think, what about you guys?

what do you notice or think?

a lot ._.

srry, just saw the title and typed something....

for one its the animation, second I don't like how there's so much filler, which I'm wondering if its even possible to skip or not since some anime have filler injected into an episode that has to do with the main story of the show, I think. also Naruto could have learned different moves instead of using the same moves again and again, like the shadow clone jutsu and that razengan. surprisingly enough I haven't seen all the episodes of naruto/ not shippuden yet, so that's all.

a lot ._.

srry, just saw the title and typed something....

for one its the animation, second I don't like how there's so much filler, which I'm wondering if its even possible to skip or not since some anime have filler injected into an episode that has to do with the main story of the show, I think. surprisingly enough I haven't seen all the episodes of naruto/ not shippuden yet, so that's all.

i notice the filler episodes are annoying but sometimes theyre fun.

but the episodes that followed nagatos story while he explains to naruto what life has been like for him were just bogus.

There are a lot of problems. Every long anime has a feast of problems. The time skip was designed for the sole purpose of fixing some problems, and new characters are added just to cover up some of these problems. There isnt really anything that we can do about it. just be happy that at least there are less problems in Naruto than in Bleach. Finally, almost all of the problems in the series were added with Shippuden, so the author may have simply decided to make it more entertaining.

Hey Shyguysteve, I'm gonna try answering each of your points. Before I do that though, please, in the future, be a little more grammatically correct. Your post was difficult to read and understand.

"but the uchiha clan is famous in konoha so why is orochimaru just seeing the ability of an uchiha member when he peeps on itachi when he was training?"
- Note sure exactly what you mean here. The timeline of the manga is a little bit hazy, but basically, after the Nine Tailed Fox, the Third came back into power and sometime after that he confronted Orochimaru, who went on the run and became a missing-nin. I'm not sure that Orochimaru would have had the opportunity to "peep" on Itachi (although it does seem ridiculously easy to slip inside this ninja village).

"and if he was experimenting with so many people how is he unable to get one uchiha member?

when danzo got like 10, or however many he got."

- Yes this is a plot hole. If I recall correctly, Danzo at one point states that it was Orochimaru who gave him him the ability to have the First Hokage's cells and multiple Sharingan eyes in his grafted arm - meaning Orochimaru must therefore have had access to Sharingan eyes.

"and we all know orochimaru was a member of the akatsuki, so he should have known hidan or kakuzu.

then this is obvious, why didnt orochimaru pursue their type of life extension, specially hidan, if not take his body at least learn the method."

You forget that Akatsuki isn't like Konoha at all. The Akatsuki members are all ruthless killers, who would therefore guard their most secret jutsu with their lives. I highly doubt Hidan/Kakuzu would have told Orochimaru their methods to gain immortality. As for not taking their bodies...you do raise a fair point there. After all, Orochimaru went after Itachi like five minutes after he just joined the group...maybe he saw Itachi as fair game, maybe he saw him as an easy opponent due to his age...whereas Kakuzu had survived a battle against the First Hokage.

so what can the rennegan do besides what nagato has used it for? then just seeing chakra?

This page ought to tell you what the Rinnegan can do.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rinnegan

As for why Nagato never used them to the "legendary extent"...he says himself that his Rinnegan is weaker than the one possessed by the Sage of the Six Paths.

so what about other young uchiha that were unknown of the clans motives? he just kill them anyway?

I think this is one of the more major flaws as a literary device. Itachi was originally written to be a villain, so he was written to have killed ALL of the Uchiha clan sans Sasuke. This cemented his villain status because this meant he killed the innocent too. However, Kishimoto did a complete 180 and so now we have this conundrum.

"he left sasuke alive so that he could one day kill itachi... thats what he says but what he wants is totally different.

Not sure where you got this from. He did plan for Sasuke to kill him. It's what he wanted. We see proof of this in that he DIED fulfilling his goal - getting killed by Sasuke.

but if itachi was as strong as everyone thinks, why not just end tobi if he was such a threat?
More than likely, Itachi didn't know, and apparently you don't, but Tobi can control other people's Mangekyou Sharingan. Itachi planted basically the equivalent of a bomb within Sasuke by having Amaterasu set to go off at the sight of Tobi...and Tobi just puts out the flames (somehow). More than likely, Itachi knew that at that moment in time, he wasn't strong enough to beat Tobi.

As for the rest...it seems that Rinnegan is the next stage in the evolution of the Sharingan (completely ignoring Nagato never having had the Sharingan...and the ridiculous nature of the Sharingan having so many evolutions).

As for Rin implanting an eye...yes, I agree with you there. She's a teen, who more than likely only has field medic training, and yet is somehow able to perform complicated head surgery out in the field .

i had already answered these, i just point them out.

but the part about orochimaru seeing an uchiha members ability when peeping on itachi, i was referring to a flash back in the anime when orochimaru explains what inspired him to want to obtain the sharringan.

there is a flaw in my view of the time orochimaru joined the akatsuki, i dont know how long he was with them or even if he knew that much about hidan or kakuzu

but in addition to that, i wonder if orochimaru ever knew the orphans he wanted to kill during the war had been the founding members.

as for everything else its pass or fail, im wondering what other people had thought.

including kabuto, he's suppose to have a secret past and killer intent why dont we ever see it?

other then when he puts orochimaru cells in his body.

I believe that the main flaw in Naruto were in fact the action battle scenes. You see, in every single scene, literally there isn't a single one that doesn't do this, but they just stand there having a staring contest. Now I don't know about you, but if my enemy was just blankly staring at me as though I became dumbstruck by my good looks, I would take that opportunity to get a preemptive attack.

I believe that the main flaw in Naruto were in fact the action battle scenes. You see, in every single scene, literally there isn't a single one that doesn't do this, but they just stand there having a staring contest. Now I don't know about you, but if my enemy was just blankly staring at me as though I became dumbstruck by my good looks, I would take that opportunity to get a preemptive attack.

thats true, but that is something a lot of action type animes do.

DBZ and bleach do it a lot, where instead of fighting we get a lot of talking and self thoughts in the situation.

though i suppose its used to represent the reality of the fight where 5 minutes of talking to yourself in your mind is actually 1 minute in the battle.

Every Shonen does this. Especially Bleach and Dragon Ball Z. You usually have 2-3 episodes of nothing but staring contests against every major fight.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that really sucks. it's like as if they're waiting for an invitation to start the battle. Well it's good to know about characters' past but in the middle of the battle is not the right time. We've already seen Naruto remembering his bitter past a thousand times over instead of getting to the fight.

Can u name a series which doesnt have that ? dbz ? bleach ? yu-gi-oh ? its there everywhere mann...!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If they took time to explain all these gaping plot holes, then the timeline of Naruto anime would have officialy started moving backwards. You can't add all this extra information in a minute- it would take another 50 episodes to say the least. I'm glad they didn't decide to fill us in on all these mishaps.

About Naruto being shunned by everyone. He wasn't a hero to the leaf villagers. In their eyes, 4th was the real hero and Naruto was just a tool that now held a demon inside him. So they were afraid of him and theres nothing the 3rd could have done to change how everyone felt about it.

As for not telling what his real parents are. I think that would have gone to his head, made him think that he has some right to be respected which would leave him an even bigger castaway.

I agree on everything else though, good job listing all of them. It made me think a lot about all of this.

If they took time to explain all these gaping plot holes, then the timeline of Naruto anime would have officialy started moving backwards. You can't add all this extra information in a minute- it would take another 50 episodes to say the least. I'm glad they didn't decide to fill us in on all these mishaps.

About Naruto being shunned by everyone. He wasn't a hero to the leaf villagers. In their eyes, 4th was the real hero and Naruto was just a tool that now held a demon inside him. So they were afraid of him and theres nothing the 3rd could have done to change how everyone felt about it.

As for not telling what his real parents are. I think that would have gone to his head, made him think that he has some right to be respected which would leave him an even bigger castaway.

I agree on everything else though, good job listing all of them. It made me think a lot about all of this.

But no one knew Naruto was Minato's kid. The only ones that knew where the Hokage and Konaha's higher ups, Kakashi too (since he was a jouinin and Minato's pupil).

I would correct a lot the op has stated but I see no point since most of us here have read the manga or don't want spoilers (people who watch only the anime)

But no one knew Naruto was Minato's kid. The only ones that knew where the Hokage and Konaha's higher ups, Kakashi too (since he was a jouinin and Minato's pupil).

This is actually the single greatest plot hole in the entire series. Take a picture of Minato Namikaze and a picture of Naruto and take away his whiskers, then say to me you'd never look Naruto in the face and NOT think to yourself he has to be related to Minato.

Also what is stupid is Sarutobi telling everybody that Naruto was the new jinchuuriki. Last I heard, he was a dictator of a military force. He didn't have to tell the civilians squat, plus, since he did tell them, how would he then justify "Oh by the way people, don't tell anyone from the other Hidden Villages our new Jinchuuriki is a baby. It's totally a secret, wink!"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...