what is your best racing game?

KATS ROSSEA

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played very many NFS games but the launch one for X360 was pretty damn good when you really got into it, not to mention it had a few killer songs on its soundtrack list. Was it Most Wanted or something? Hot Pursuit was alright but it wasn't really worth $50 imho.

Overall my most enjoyed racing games would be from the Forza Series, and the Initial D arcade machines. I used to be big on Gran Turismo but I just hated the license system :/ I just wanted to buy cars and tune them up like in Forza, I didn't want to earn the ability to tune them... << let alone buy them.

------------

And fur teh lulz, Mario Kart Games > All Other Racing Games

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Forza recently. I got Forza 3 Ultimate edition for £10 and do quite enjoy it. I'll probably get four when it's come down in price a bit more.

I spent a lot of time on NFS Underground 2, just driving around. I lost interest in them though when they started involving police chases.

I also quite enjoyed Test Drive Unlimited but the thing that annoyed me about that was the 'realistic' pricing for cars in the game.

Awww c'mon people! No love for the F-Zero series?!

Well, my all time favorite racing game (and the only 1 I ever play anymore) is without a doubt F-Zero GX for gamecube! The tracks were just insanely badass. The original soundtrack was great and I'm not even a techno kinda guy. The machines went like 2500 kilometers a sec (seriously). It was crazy, awesome good fun!!

I'm not really into racing games with one exception; the Burnout series. Hell of a lot of fun, and gotta love it when you pull off far-reaching destruction from a crash. I think the one I played the most was Burnout 2, and it was ace being able to use all the music stored on your Xbox. Haven't really gotten into the more recent titles in the series though. I suppose in the end I'd still rather just play a Grand Theft Auto game for my driving + mayhem needs.