Which PC game should be played using a controller?

Diablo

I recently played Street fighter 4, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, Prototype. And even if I played them on my PC with a keyboard and mouse I feel that they should be either be played on Console or on PC using a Gaming controller. So which PC video games do you think need to be played using a Joystick or a controller.

Any game not specifically designed for a keyboard and mouse. I will use a controller anytime i can.

Same here. I prefer to use a controller. It's just the majority of PC games I've seen have all been similar in gameplay it's just point and click for everything. One of the reasons I found PSOBB so intriguing.

• 1 month later...

Every Racing game should be played with a controller or a steering wheel.

Flying games have to be played with a joystick (or a xbox controller if im at school and I can't bring my joystick)

I tried to play GTA4 on PC the other day and I couldn't understand how to move with a keyboard and mouse.

If a game is ridiculously complex then I'll use the pads I bought when I was developing game - the Xbox PC ones. If it's not too important for quick reactions then I'll just stick with the keyboard and mouse.

I think the reverse of this question is more interesting. I'm not known among my friends for being an FPS nut but I think they work far better on PC although the more modern titles have adapter to the transition far better than those of the PS1.

I also think real-time strategy works far better on PC. I played an Age Of Empire game on PS2 and it just doesn't work at all. It was far too fiddly to select a group of units. Contrary to this turn-based strategy works adequately well on consoles.

The last type of game I think doesn't work on consoles... well it's not really a type but the ports of The Sims games don't work on consoles. They work all right on DS as you still essentially have a mouse in the form of the stylus but porting to consoles doesn't work in my opinion.

I also think real-time strategy works far better on PC. I played an Age Of Empire game on PS2 and it just doesn't work at all. It was far too fiddly to select a group of units. Contrary to this turn-based strategy works adequately well on consoles.

You are right about that, I tried to play Halo Wars on Xbox 360 and I didn't even finish the second mission of the campaign. But when I play a RTS on PC, I can sit in front of my computer and play for 5 hours straight without problems.