Yu-Gi-Oh! - Dark Armed Dragon and Imperial Iron Wall

Nero D. Ace

Well, there's this question that's been bugging me.

It's how things would go down if Imperial Iron Wall were already present when Dark Armed Dragon were summoned.

DarkArmedDragonPTDN-EN-ScR-1E.pngImperialIronWallSDZW-EN-C-1E.jpg

Now, the effect of Dark Armed Dragon is to destroy a card by removing from play a card from the Graveyard. Now, in most cases when Imperial Iron Wall is in play, I've seen duelists use effects like "Remove 3 cards in your hand from play" and instead send it to the Graveyard.

Now, the question is this - If Imperial Iron Wall is in play, can I just destroy a card on the field even though i can't Banish a card from my Grave?

since you cant banish cards from your hand field or grave yard because of imperial iron wall, I think its safe to say that you can't activate Dark Armed Dragon's effect since you have to remove a card from the grave yard to activate his effect in order to destroy a card on the field. I see no way around it unless you get rid of imperial iron wall first by sending it to the grave yard. But I Might be wrong.

You can't activate his effect.

I've confirmed this with some other cards such as XYZ-Dragon Cannon's fusion needing to send them out of play, but with Imperial Iron Wall you can't, which according to DuelingNetwork forums everyone agreed it rendered them unsummonable.

• 1 year later...

since you cant banish cards from your hand field or grave yard because of imperial iron wall, I think its safe to say that you can't activate Dark Armed Dragon's effect since you have to remove a card from the grave yard to activate his effect in order to destroy a card on the field. I see no way around it unless you get rid of imperial iron wall first by sending it to the grave yard. But I Might be wrong.

agreed!