Video game glitches

Pinkie Pie

Let's discuss video game glitches in all of their glory.

From the legendary missingno to the undying hilarity of having items duplicated, and sprites replaced.

I have specific examples of glitching from my FFVI save. These next three screenshots used to be my inventory screen:

9nods.jpg

eil27.jpg

jRySP.jpg

I have no idea what the extent of the lasting damage is, but I'm sure I'll find out soon. But I have just one conundrum for all of you. Do I start over or do I just roll with it and finish the game with the glitched items and spells [every free spell space is filled with 0MP cost Fire. Pictures of that tomorrow.]

Yep it stayed. I sold all the dirks and made literally 1.5 million gil from it. Apparently items with a 0 value are duplicated 300 times.

O_O that's a mighty useful glitch. Well, getting gil doesn't count for unfair play that much since you'll be getting gil just by beating monsters, which you'll fight anyways to level up.

My advice would be to finish the game, taking care not to keep 0 value items in your inventory.

• 2 weeks later...

I love glitches like Missingno, but there are just some that infuriate me. Two games in particular have screwed me royally: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Fable III.

In ESIV:O There are several glitches that lead to hilarity like a certain vampire lord who will appear out of no where and slaughter your enemies, then casually walk away. Then there's the more frustrating ones like once you become a vampire, not being able to complete the quest that allows you to change back. I mean, in theory turning into a vampire sounds awesome, but trust me, it has some serious drawbacks. Luckily though, the cure was to obtain a copy of the original version of the game (Meaning not the game of the year edition), and completing the quest on there. Unlike my other game...

Fable III is loaded with glitches which makes playing it like defusing a bomb. At any given moment you could accidentally trigger a glitch that will alter your game terribly, and sometimes make it impossible to play altogether. For instance I had gotten very near to the end of the game, when suddenly all my weapons and magic disappeared, even from my character's body. I just so happened to be in the middle of a mission where I had to hit an illusion, so even if I had another player join my game, I was stuck indefinitely. I had to bite the bullet, and start from the beginning. ._.

Fallout: New Vegas is a glitch in and of itself. It froze my PS3 about once an hour through my first playthrough. Even the patches don't fix it all. Vats is a mess.

Bethesda, with all their awesome sauce, still have glitchy things that happen, and certainly New Vegas was the worst. That's what they get for giving their stuff away to Obsidian.

the best glitch I've ever found was in Oblivion. Just kill a horse and close one of those castle like gates on them and it is the funniest thing I have ever seen. The thing that gets me every time is that randomly while the horse's limbs are flying all over the place, you'll hear what sounds like a broom drop or somthing lol. I just love random and stupid things like that, if you;ve never tried it you definitly should it is funny as hell!