3DS Zelda better than N64 Zelda?

JU4N4K4JT

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that the 3DS version is a more "polished version" of the original N64 Zelda Orcarina of Time. The change in how you equip items I don't really care for. I also don't like the fact that they have the " hint stones" in the new verison, as a child, getting stuck was half the fun, but overall, I really like the 3DS verison better, the graphics are cleaner, smoother, and plus its portable :) I still play the old version, the game itself is phenomenal, by far my favorite childhood game.

I liked the 3ds version but prefer using the N64 controller since I have big hands and the 3ds gets uncomfortable to hold at times.

@reinokid : I have tiny hands, and I still find it a little awkward with the 3DS, it takes some getting used to~!

I really hope that they come out with a Majora's Mask version for the 3DS *crosses fingers* :3

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Ocarina and Majora's Mask on the N64 but I admit the 3DS edition of Ocarina is the superior one. Nostalgia has its place and I still find the N64 edition of Ocarina to be a completely playable game, but there's a lot of improvements in teh 3DS edition.

For example, aiming is much better with a combination of the circle pad and the gyro controls. Use the circle pad to get near your target then use the gyro controls to fine tune the shot. Iron boots are a toggle item like they were in Wind Waker which makes them much better as well. Plus it has the mirrored Master Quest built in.

• 2 weeks later...

Without a doubt.

The textures, the frame rate, the fact that it is on a portable console (a big plus in my eyes).

Also who can argue with a Master-quest to try after you complete the regular game.

I must try to complete the Master-quest actually, things are good bit harder than the regular quest.

It's also amazing how one gets used to the way levels are layed out, one of the early mistakes in starting Master-quest is to head in the wrong direction in areas you know as everything is mirrored.

Is it just me or was it harder to win Epona in the original?

I breezed through it on my first attempt in this version.

• 2 weeks later...