The series that was surprisingly good?

RazorDan

Samurai 7 ... watched it with very low expectation and the first few minute made me put it off but after few days when watched the complete series it was very well done for a PG13 as (I think) samurai stuff should be made into atleast a R rated anime (Gore,women,profanity,violence ... eg AfroSamurai)

Death Note... the reason i say this is because i wasnt a fan of Anime until i watched this series and now i cant stop watching all kinds of anime... I watched Black Cat just before Death note and it was bleh. The only reason i was watching them was because a friend of mine loved them and was very pushy at making me watch them. Luckly Death Note was the 2nd series to watch and loved it. And now i own it on DVD :D

Puella Magi Madoka Magica! I didn't read about it beforehand(I rarely do), so I expected it to be a cutesy magical girl anime, but it had me hooked from the first scene!

Also, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai was surprisingly good. I don't watch many shows like that, so I was pleasantly surprised when it hooked me ^^

And of course, Eden of the East and One Piece were both better than I expected. I knew EoE would be good, I just didn't know how much I'd love it. And I honestly thought One Piece would be really lame XD How silly I was. So, so silly.

I was in Highschool, looking for download DragonBall Z to remind me the old time when a friend of mine told me that I should better watch an anime called "Naruto".

We argued about that ! I thought it was crap and didn't wanna lose my time watching it... (it was unknown at that time only 50 episodes were translated in French at this time ! XD)

But, finally, I got convinced and I watched the 1st ep... then the second ! And a third !!! I couldn't stop watching this anime XD

Two years after it became so popular that I couldn't stand it (= . =)

But I recognize that I had been really surprised by the result ^^

• 4 months later...