which anime has the best dub?

suyash_shetty

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been pretty amazed by the dub in Death Note, I have watched animes like Naruto, DBZ, Gurren lagann and I have always noticed the dubs sometimes out of sync or the words not matching lips (I can imagine this is hard to do) But I can't recall many or any moments like that in Death Note.

My personal favorite is the Monster dub, but thinking critically, I would have to say FMAB or Code Geass, the voices matched perfectly with the characters and there weren't a lot of moments where it was obvious they didn't take the time to sync the voices to the lips of the characters.

Plus, code geass (JYB is a great Lelouch) really shows off the standard of english dubs.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you that JYB was a fantastic cast for the part, you know that actually went out and said he doesn't care about the parts he plays, just as long as he gets his paycheck? Not a lot of dedication imo, love the voice, hate the guy.

Clannad and Clannad After Story

I would beg to differ on that one.. sorry if it feels like i'm shooting you down (which I pretty much am) but Clannad and Clannad After Story have some pretty bad dubs where at times the speech seems broken and at times forced, it looses the flow that the Japanese actors speak with, there were many times where the pronunciation made absolutely no sense to me (note that I am biased to the subbed version considering I watched it subbed first and this is pure opinion).