Best/ Worst movie adaption for a video game?

UnscathedGrunt

You really have to wonder why they're so determined to make live action movies based on video games. Occasionally they aren't bad but for the most part they tend to not do so well. Why not just make an animated film? It would make more sense and would probably result in a better movie.

Example:

Tekken (anime) - awesome

Tekken (live action movie) - terrible

I really liked Mortal Kombat. The Resident Evil movies are . . . decent I suppose. Could've done A LOT better, but could've done A LOT worse. That's just me, though.

King of Fighters was probably THE worst video game based movie ((or whatever)) I've seen. I am a HUGE fangirl ((as well as being a HUGE fan of the game series in general)). Ruined such a great game series. :( Make me very, very sad just thinking about it. Such a disappointment.

From what I understand, I'd say the worst is probably the King of Fighters movie. Seriously? Alternate dimensions or portals? Wasn't the bad guy in the games a dude who made tournaments because he was a psycho and would basically imprison the one who managed to climb to the top to fight him and lost to him, and he did it just because he wanted fancy trophies? I know there's some plot about the Orochi blood being involved, but seriously?

I haven't seen it yet, but again, from what I heard, the Prince of Persia movie isn't that bad. Apparently it just doesn't do a bad job compared to the crap that does get put out.