Your thoughts on the new PSP Vita?

nemarious

Are you interested in the newly announced PSP Vita? Would you buy one?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the newly announced PSP Vita? Would you buy one?

• Yes, this announcement/console really interest me. I would buy one now, no matter the price.
    • I'm somewhat interested in the announcement/console but will wait for more information before deciding what to do.
    • My feelings towards to announcement/console or neither positive or negative.
    • I'm not that bothered about the announcement/console. It's likely that I will buy one at some point if a feature is changed/added.
    • I couldn't care less about this. I will not be buying one no matter what.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a Vita at the moment. Got mine during the launch. I love it. It's a lot sleeker and honestly blows the PSP's performance out of the water but the honest truth.

The game packages suck.

Sure you'll buy one game and you could honestly play that game for weeks *like i did with Dynasty Warriors and Katamari* but when they wear out their welcome....you'll find yourself turning the vita physically off and that's not a good thing.

I don't regret buying my vita at all...but i wish more games came out for this handheld at a quicker pace.

• 3 weeks later...

It's one of the best handheld purchases I've ever made, I don't regret spending the £300 on it on release day. Uncharted, Metal Gear and Marvel Vs Capcom are the only games I own so far, but I'm sure my collection will bulk out soon. After all I only had 3 ps2 games in the first year that came out.

^^^I agree and that's sad. The vita's just a beast!

Thankfully, I read that it's significantly easier to program for the Vita than for the PS3 so I hope some more people decide to hop on.

The problem with the Vita is that it's in a catch 22 situation at the moment. Because the sales figures are so low, developers - particularly Western devs - are reticent to develop stuff for it. This in turn means people don't want to buy the console which means devs won't make games for it and so on, and so on.

You would have thought Sony would have learned from the original PSP because first party support is the only thing you can guarantee for a console, the rest is a surprisingly complex game of smoke and mirrors. Everyone said that this years E3 would be the thing that made or broke the Vita; if Sony announced a load of quality first party games and a few games specifically designed for the consoles USP then they would have (probably) seen a turn in fortunes. Sadly, they did not, and if they ever do, I fear that people won't care anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...