Luffys Crew And A Few Other Questions!!!

Myrodis19

if you assume they don't change sunny, they are limited by size. And whilst he said 10 members at the rate he keeps inviting any random creature he meets it doesn't seem a particularly rigid number to him. (yes i know these are joke invites but if he was discerning he wouldn't be Luffy..)

Each crew member has a niche with their personality and profession, all be it some more random than others. He's covered the important ones but it took nearly 500 episodes. It depends how the new character blends with other crew members, if they fit they join, so there will prob be a few more randoms down the road.

They won't fight shanks since he is luffy's role model.

And Shanks is gambling on Luffy to lead the new era, he isn't going to stand in his way.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

An exception to the rule stated above is Marshall D. Teach, user of the Yami Yami no Mi fruit, who stole the power of the Gura Gura no Mi fruit through some currently unknown means. But it was not by eating a second devil fruit.

If I remember correctly, when Teach fights Ace he mentions that his fruit allows him to absorb another devil fruit user's powers. I could be remembering this wrong, it’s been a while since I've seen the episode, but it could be a reason for why he was able to do so.

As for the main question, I believe there will be two or three more additions and possible some characters that stay with the crew on a temporary basis, but I don’t believe the crew will grow drastically bigger. It’s also possible that a crew member or two could go their own way and be replaced by a new member. I could see Robin finding some archeological sign that she can’t bring herself to leave; or something of that nature.

As far as if Shanks and Luffy’s crews facing off; I can actually see it happening. Ussopp fighting Yessop (I probably spelled both of these wrong) would be great as far as I’m concerned. The son surpassing the father is a common theme in anime, as akin to a student surpassing a master.

• 1 year later...

I think Luffy will be able to complete his 10 nakamas since that is his first priority -- to find 10 interesting, strong individuals to be his crew.. so far, he got 8: Zoro, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brook. I didn't include Vivi because she stayed at her homeland.. on the other hand, if ever Jinbei will join Luffy's crew, then, there's only one vacant left but if not, then there are two more to fill in.And about the fight between the Straw Hats vs. Shanks, Yes there will be a fight -- a fight that will only happen between captains, and does not involve its crew members. (Or that's what I thought..)

Edited by 7Sins

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say they need another female crew-mate and one who isn't as stuck up as Robin and who isn't as loud as Nami. One who can actually laugh with the guys while keeping her femininity and she must can stand her own ground and must be at least the level of Sanji cause in my opinion Zoro is shit.

But going up against Shanks?! Not even Luffy is that dumb/crazy

Edited by Kyle_Dimetri