Japanese or English Dubbing?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. Japanese or English Dubbing?

• Japanese Dubbing with/without Subtitles
    • English Dubbing
    • Doesn't Matter to Me
    • Depends on the Anime

• 3 weeks later...

To me it depends on which character's voice sound more natural. Sometimes I will find Japanese dubbing annoying at times while English dubbing to be horrible. I just couldn't watch Dragon Ball Z in Japanese. The voices to me sounded so out of place for each character. Fullmetal Alchemist (and Brotherhood) had great voice dubbing in both Japanese and English. I wouldn't mind watching in either languages since both languages felt like they naturally belonged to each character.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say dub. I never watched anime in sub before because simply out of laziness.

+1 to that

but don't you find that you get a different feel for the character when you switch from dud to sub during an episode? so in that sence i guess the subs are better because is keeping it original

• 1 month later...

For me it is dubbed. Although I do admit I haven't given Subbed Anime a try yet. There are just so many different subbed anime that release, I don't think i'd be able to keep up with all the series if I get into subbed. I barely have the time to keep up with all the dubbed series being released each month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only watch dubbed anime :P I even made a club on MAL for people that only watch dubbed anime and their list is 100% dubbed... but I only have 1 member lol.

Woah, that's actually really helpful if I ever wanted to look for dubbed anime! I might check some of those out. :3

.//

I generally like to watch my anime in Japanese+Eng subs. The English voices sometimes get to me, but there's also the fact that hearing things like 'sister', 'big-sis', in English feels odd to me. And that feeling goes away when I hear it in it's natural language. :x