Lu Bu Vs Orochi

The Joker

Who is the tougher foe?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the tougher foe?

• Lu Bu
    • Orochi
    • About the same

Two demons of battle, each a real nightmare to best in combat. Underestimating either of these two is the biggest, and almost certainly last, mistake many players make during their games on Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi.

So, the question is this, which of the two is the tougher foe?

Orochi:

Warriors-Orochi66247.jpg

Lu Bu:

Lu_Bu.jpg

Be interesting to see what everyone thinks. I've fought Lu Bu on pretty much every Dynasty Warriors game, and love the challenge of beating him. However, I've only ever fought Orochi 5 times (he's a side quest on Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce), and he's blasted me to oblivion and back within 3 hits on each match! :oh:

I can't see the image for Orochi, and I don't remember anyone by that name. I remember Lu Bu though from every Dynasty Warriors game. He is tough in the beginning but as you level your character he becomes pretty weak, except in the last one I played, even max level he was somewhat of a challenge. However if you are good enough you can beat him with a beginner level character. You just gotta know how to fight him and to avoid his attacks.

This is one helluva toughie to decide. Let's analyze the two demonic warriors.

Lu Bu

This guys is a frigging god. I mean it, if you face this guy in battle EVER, standard fighting techniques will not apply. His spear is long, he has the fastest horse in the series, his attacks take away a huge chunk of your HP and he has long chaining combos.

Also, let's not count out the dear "Diao Chan", the mistress who, although weaker than Lu Bu, if you kill beforehand will only enrage Lu Bu, boosting his demonic strength even further.

Orochi

The Serpent King, Lord Orochi who was sealed away long ago. This guy may well be one to hold a torch to Lu Bu. He hasn't been seen riding a horse and isn't as nimble as Lu Bu on his feet, but his scythe is a weapon to be feared.

Like Lu Bu, he is accompanied by the wily Da Ji, who's various traps and strategies often give us a hard time. Unless you have a strategist like Zhuge Liang or Zhou Yu, you can forget about seeing through her plans.

After careful analysis, I have decided to give this round to Lu Bu, the reason being this.

Lu Bu has appeared in various games, always being a bitch to beat in each game. Hell, in Dynasty Warriors 6, he took on all 3 kingdoms solo!

Orochi, on the other hand has only appeared in 3 games. In Warriors Orochi 1, he was pretty tough to beat, yes but by Warriors Orochi 2, his normal form was severely weakened and he only ever posed a threat in his Orochi X form.

That said, the gameplay in Warriors Orochi 2 was more friendly than in 1 and some of the features made beating even Orochi X a cinch.

However, I wouldn't under-estimate either of these warriors. Up until I fought Lu Bu in the original DW, i had assumed it to be a button-masher game.

You can guess how that strategy worked against Lu Bu ...

the image of epic ownage springs to mind Iki, and yeah, I made the mistake of trying to button mash Orochi... busy playing keepy-uppy with the guy with my 3 computer commanders, only for the guy to activate his musou in mid air and wipe the lot of us out in a single strike!

But something I've just seen makes him a hell of a lot worse than I first thought, you have to kill the guy twice in the same mission, and after you beat him the first time, his power sky-rockets, and he returns with Liu Bei, Cao Cao AND Sun Jian to act as backup.

A 4 on 4 fight.... talk about one hell of a final showdown