Do you believe in ghosts?

maher23

Do you believe in ghosts?  

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes, definitely.
    • No, that's silly talk.
    • I'm not sure.
    • I would believe if you could prove it to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't believe in ghosts, as all of these phenomena can be explained, even if we don't have the knowledge to explain them yet. Plus, most of the reports are either faked for attention or caused by paranoia (the human mind will show a person what they want to believe). If I was presented with undeniable proof, I might change my opinion; but until then I think that ghosts remain in the realm of fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the entire first half of this thread was rather ridiculous. Anyway, there's a poll now.

I don't have any significant opinions either way regarding the possibility of ghosts and/or the supernatural. I have heard stories from friends that I wouldn't take for people who make things up to seem cool or unique, so I'm inclined to believe, at the very least, there's a possibility. I've always been of the opinion that we'll never understand everything, that certain things are beyond our capability of understanding as humans, regardless of how much time is spent trying to understand it.

I'm also a giant scaredy-cat, so I prefer not to think about these things too much or else I end up not sleeping, haha.

Nope, I don't believe in ghosts. Never really got enough proof to believe in one. All kinds of phenomenon related to ghosts have a scientific background. Ghost sighting was common 200/300 hundred years ago when science was still undeveloped. Also ghost sightings are pretty common in the undeveloped rural area of a country. So that explains it all. People who saw some kind "ghosts" really saw nothing but a shadow or wind rustling.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been the type of person that needs proof of something if I am going to apply it to my real life/ I have heard a few convincing stories, but have had none of my own. So at this point I'm going to have to say no, but I am open minded.

Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure whats going on. Maybe ghosts do exist or its just simply an imprint in time that keeps repeating itself because of the mass ammount of emotion surrounding a murder etc. Who knows, I sure dont and thats for sure.

There was a guy named Derek Acorah who claimed to be a psychic on a tv show in the UK called most haunted. Eventually, They caught him out by using an anagram regarding the name of the ghost in question and he went to town with it. The funny thing was that the anagram " Kreed Kafer" was jumbled around taking the piss meaning derek faker.

Here is his possesion lol

PW_ONN8odYs

• 1 month later...

I'm in a story-telling mood, haha.

Recently, one of my team members took a picture in a mausoleum in town, and there is a shadow man standing at the end of the hallway. I was the only person in front of the camera, and I was sitting on the floor. The shadow was way too tall to have been mine.

Also in this mausoleum, I heard the footsteps of a woman in high heels coming toward us down a hallway, and I thought for sure somebody was going to come around the corner. There was no one in the mausoleum besides our team, and none of us were wearing heels, only tennis shoes or flip flops.

• Like 1

It difficult to grew up in New Orleans and not believe that there is some form of truth to the existence of ghost. So, yeah, I believe they exist even though I've never seen one and have no way of proving they exist; but with the history of my home town you can't dismiss the possibility. Also, I don't think you have to believe in ghost to believe in God.

I have always believed in ghosts. Infact, I used to scare my parents by talking to them. I once talked to my great grandmother right after she died. I was 2 years old and I was playing in a room all by myself. The windows and doors were lock andn no one was visible outside. Yet, when my parents walked in and asked whom I was talking to...I simply said "I was talking to that old lady who just left." They got scared, feared a stranger was in the house, and looked out all the windows but saw no one. We were on a farm and so there really was no way to not see someone. They asked me what the lady looked like and I had described my great grandmother perfectly. As I grew older, I lost my ability to see and speak to them, but I can still since them. I don't fear them unless I since evil lurking in them...which has happened only a couple times.

Apparently the ability to see and speak to them runs in the family and is only when we are young, because out of the 5 of us siblings...3 of us were able to.