Dissidia : Bartz VS. Squall

Nero D. Ace

LMAO, i did not write this. I just read it in a guy's review about Dissidia.

Bartz: Ride like the wind!

Squall: ...whatever

Bartz unleashes several full combos while Squall continues staring off into space. They do next to no damage because he forgot to build up his Brave first -- and let's face it, Bartz would totally forget something like this.

Since Squall is a level 100, fully decked out godly pro owner fighting game master, he is prepared for such a challenge. He firmly pops out of daydreaming, swearing up and down he will break that Cloud in half one day.

Squall steps on Bartz's toes twice, breaking Bartz's Brave and rendering it 100% impossible for him to deal any real damage. Squall's own Brave shoots up to 9999, meaning all attacks will do 9999 damage and kill Bartz. Squall decides to finally pick off that nagging hangnail and flick it at Bartz's face. The ensuing nuclear catastrophe vaporizes Bartz, Squall and the entire eastern hemisphere off the planet in seconds.

That's Brave in a nutshell. The damage you deal to the enemy's health bar is entirely dependent on a separate value. You can potentially stab someone in the face 18 times for 0 damage, then get countered and die from getting sneezed on.

So what is Brave? Is it some kind of overdrive/limit system in Dissidia?

The Brave thing is the one that protects a character's HP. It's like Master Chief's Shield in Halo or something like that. A character must break his/her opponent's "brave" 1st before he/she could deliver some punishing HP attacks (Square Attacks). Circle Attacks are usually the ones who can weaken them easily. And once a char's brave is destoryed, the number of brave points will be transferred to his/her opponent's attack. (i.e. Squall 800 BP, Bartz 100 BP: if Bartz managed to break the 800BP, his attack ponts will become 100+800=900). I think the maximum BP in Dissidia is 9999. So If your char starts with a 9999 BP, 1 square attack will instantly end the match :D

add some or correct me if I missed somethings lol.

Oops missed some 9's Thanks Iki :)

So what is Brave? Is it some kind of overdrive/limit system in Dissidia?

It's the system on which Dissidia was built. It incorporates strategy into the otherwise fighting game.

Each player starts off with a set amout of Bravery Points (BP) and Hit Points (HP). he/she also has a separate set of moves for Circle and Square, Circle unleashing Bravery attacks and Square hitting with HP attacks.

You can use Bravery Attacks to steal BP from your opponent all the way till it goes down to zero. After that, The opponent will go into "BREAK" mode and he won't be able to do any damage with HP attacks for a while whilst the guy who inflicted BREAK gets a bonus Stage Bravery.

The amount of damage you do to your opponent's HP is equal to the amount of Bravery you have.

ex. If you currently have 3400 BP, and you unleash an HP attack on your opponent, he'll lose 3400 HP.

It's a system which has been called awesome by some, bullshit by others.

I, on the other hand like this new style of fighting as you really need to anticipate your opponent's moves and know when to dodge, when to block and when to just plain flee.

Then, there are the various accessories, and summons you have equipped come to play. you can use summons to inflict various effects on the field and equip certain items to make sure you survive a killing blow with 1 HP remaining.

@ apr - the max HP and Brave you can get is 9999. they've increased the limit in Dissidia 012 but i dunno by how much.

• 2 weeks later...