IP.Board Software Updates

Koby

Ha, probably. I don't really see the appeal in having such a giant signature. When I vanished previously, we were only allowed signatures as big as 500x100--a lot of other fora I visit on occasion, should they allow images in signatures at all, also tend to stick to this size or comparable. It gets kind of annoying for some people to have to scroll by the same giant signature in a thread, and it can be kind of weird and/or disappointing to see someone consistently have posts shorter than their signature.

Speaking of, I don't know if it's still a thing that is made or if it is compatible with this software, but I know I've seen some fora where they have a mod that automatically hides a person's signature if they have already posted on a certain page of a thread. So like if I posted again later in this thread, my signature wouldn't pop up.

Speaking of, I don't know if it's still a thing that is made or if it is compatible with this software, but I know I've seen some fora where they have a mod that automatically hides a person's signature if they have already posted on a certain page of a thread. So like if I posted again later in this thread, my signature wouldn't pop up.

I remember that! I actually would really like to have that on these forums if possible. It neatens things up, like, alot.

And it'd save me the effort of remembering to turn off my signature when I update my stories or add a post to the FAQ or something, haha.

The only things I found were this, which is more of a hack than a mod and maybe only for 3.3, and this, which is way old and only for 2.3 and probably not even relevant at this point.

Anyway, that's just me. I know some people identify users by their signatures, but I'm pretty good about recognising people based on their style of writing, not to mention it isn't that hard to look slightly to the left to check out their username, haha.

I think 500x200 would be the perfect max.  I think 500x100 would be a little too short...it is like the banner size.  It makes it a little awkward to make sigs.  But I've done plenty of 500x200 and that seems pretty perfect for me.  Of course, right now mine is 500x130 is my sig size right now, because that is the size of Anime-Planet sigs.  So I guess I could live with 500x130, but no love cause then I wouldn't be able to use my Anime-Planet.

Edited by Dreamcastor

100px height isn't super awkward. Just have to rethink how you arrange stuff. I still have my collection of signatures from days past (from an almost nine year old Photobucket account--this forum is pretty old, wow). They're all actually 400x100, so either my memory is a bit faulty or I just liked that size specifically.

emotionaloutlet.gif

emotionalout.jpg

eo.png

eo7ae.png

And then randomly one that is 420x120

200173d2.jpg

(Wondering when I attained the moniker "PMS Dragon"...

And I have had this username foreverrrrrr.)

500x200 sounds pretty good to me, though. It's only a touch smaller, so it wouldn't be a major change. In any case, it's up to Koby. I'm just mumbling to myself mostly, haha.

I think 500x200 would be the perfect max.  I think 500x100 would be a little too short...it is like the banner size.  It makes it a little awkward to make sigs.  But I've done plenty of 500x200 and that seems pretty perfect for me.  Of course, right now mine is 500x130 is my sig size right now, because that is the size of Anime-Planet sigs.  So I guess I could live with 500x130, but no love cause then I wouldn't be able to use my Anime-Planet.

500x200 is my personal max, but I usually try to go with 500 (or less) by 150. Mostly because it's small enough to fit a couple lines of text, and still be under the current limits (which are 600x220 TOTAL INCLUDING TEXT; people seem to forget/overlook that detail).

Edited by poetictragedy

"The PMS Dragon" Oh man I laughed a waaay too hard over that.

Anyway. I'm posting here again because I noticed that I can't quote other people when I'm in that full-editor mode. My memory may be wrong but I thought I could scroll down and click 'quote' before. Like, over here editb.png

... The more I think about it the more I think this function never existed. I'm not even sure anymore. Sorry!

I'm just gonna say it, I don't like the brave skin, and the ip.board skin is too white. Will we be getting different skin options at some point?

The brave skin doesn't look like it belongs on an anime forum and it bunches together in a small window. I don't mind the layout of ip.board, I just wish it had a little darker color palette. Is there a version of ip.board in black or a dark grey?

I know my opinion has the value of a squirrel fart, but I figured there might be one or two other members thinking this.

I know my opinion has the value of a squirrel fart, but I figured there might be one or two other members thinking this.

That's not true. I value the opinions of every member, it's just impossible to please 20,000+ members, so I've got to find a decent "happy medium" of sorts.

Though to answer your question, yes more skins will eventually return. For certain the Deviant III skin will be making a re-appearance. I don't know what else, but you're welcome to go skin hunting and post some you like here for us to consider.

Anyhow, IP.Board just released 3.4.2 a couple days ago, so updates will be happening again shortly, just as soon as the skin maker finishes the updates on the skin.

• Like 1

I had a thought earlier. Is there any way to allow bbcode or html in status updates? Like if a staff member wants to make an announcement or something, they could change the color to make it stand out? They do this at another forum I visit, but I'm nearly positive they don't use the same forum software.

I'll look into it, though if it's possible I'd prefer to limit it to staff for staff related things. I'd prefer not to activate the use of html though as allowing that for normal users can open the door for exploits. BB Code on the other hand can be made for whatever, so if there is a specific html style/whatever that you're thinking of or wanting then let me know and I'll create a custom bb code for it possibly.

• Nekone locked this topic