Member Tournaments

Anooxy

I think he ment a link to somewhere in this forum where his idea is already active...

And EO, there is a little buttom under each post saying 'quote' could you please use that? it's a bit confusing if you re-type/copy-paste someone else's text. Defenatly if it's on a new page, and the old post (from which you quoted) isn't shown on it.

And I agree with Riku, your posts ARE hard to read at times. Tough most of the times I can understand the words from the context of the sentence, sometimes (mainly when the 'expensive' word is the main word in the sentence) however I can't understand.

And since I'm here to make fun, I don't want to google or translate every time I read a hard word (which is basicly in all your posts). I'm not asking you to change your writing or anything, just understand that we can't all understand your writing so it wouldn't hurt to explain what you ment even tough we didn't ask for it straight forward.

"What is the link of that?"

http://forums.forgottenmem.net/showthread.php?t=185&highlight=superlatives

Awards for Most Active, Most Friendly, Most Helpful, etc..

It's mentioned in a few other threads as well, if you would like a few more links.

ETA: For a more recent discussion:

http://forums.forgottenmem.net/showthread.php?t=857&highlight=superlatives&page=4

I don't know when Koby will actually enact it, but it does exist and people are aware of it because we have done the superlatives before.

"there is a little buttom under each post saying 'quote'"

I'm not stupid and I'm aware of the multi-quote option if I care to reply to more than one post. It's easier for me, as I'm going through a thread, to just copypaste what I want to reply to. I could do this:

Bill: blah blah blah reference to something he said blah blah

Frank: blah blah reference to something he said blah

But I'd rather have unattributed quotes and assume that the person who wrote it recognises their post. Context is more important to me than knowing who wrote it.

"I'm not asking you to change your writing or anything, just understand that we can't all understand your writing so it wouldn't hurt to explain what you ment even tough we didn't ask for it straight forward."

I don't want to explain everything I say just because there's a chance someone might not understand since people might think I'm treating them like idiots, that I'm assuming they're too stupid to know what I'm saying--and most of you aren't, so stop selling yourselves short. And as I said earlier, feel free to block me.

ETA: Sorry for the delay. I was reading threads at other fora.

Awards for Most Active, Most Friendly, Most Helpful, etc..

My idea is completely different. I suggested not to make the award the centre of the attention.

And also the 'Member Tournament' is something to be considered as something like who do members of FM like more inside their forum.

"[...] who do members of FM like more inside their forum."

It sounds like Member of the Month, and I think MotM was tossed out for being nothing more than a popularity contest. Or because the same three people were picked repeatedly. Or maybe Koby got the lazies.

Maybe it could be tied in with the forum superlatives to stave off some of the "why am I not popular??!!?!" angst?

"You were picked the most in each of the superlatives, so you're Member of the Year. *throws confetti*"

ETA: Ugh, never mind. I just don't understand why someone would be in favour of such a blatant popularity contest.

It would still be a popularity contest.

People like me, or Draz, or Kyo, who joined the forum relatively a short period of time ago, would never be able to win. We wouldn't even be able to compete, seen as nobody really knows us from THIS forum and it's history, as we're pretty much "transfer students".

A tournament's main goal is for the better at something to win, right? In order to do so, everyone should be able to apply and have equal possibilities. People like Vivi Kailo or some of sorts would never post for someone like me, for example, because they got in their minds that we suck badly without even taking 5 minutes to stop, sit down and get to know the people.

And like EO said, and well, afterwards come the angst. And then, more thread fights. And so on.

I dunno. Koby's da big pimp daddy 'round here, so I guess t'sall up to him.

I do give this idea off through the winds.

We COULD do some sort of a quiz, of multiple questions. A limited entry number, and then people would vote for who they seem to like the most. Basically like those beauty pageant contests where they all "love children and want to make the world a better place".

I guess the members would have to be trusted to be completely honest on their answers...

• 2 weeks later...

According to server stats only about 40% of the sites visitors come from english speaking countries so obviously not everyone will know or be able to understand everything or every word and even with a dictionary it might not help so please try to be understanding of them. =P

According to server stats only about 40% of the sites visitors come from english speaking countries so obviously not everyone will know or be able to understand everything or every word and even with a dictionary it might not help so please try to be understanding of them. =P

;) They probably do not know how to use the dictionary either.