Steam Vs. Games For Windows Marketplace

Asch

Which is better ?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better ?

• Steam
    • Games For Windows Marketplace

Title says it all, I am using steam from way back 2005, now after launch of marketplace by windows 3.0, steam is getting competition in organized digital downloads.

Which one you think is better.

I will go with steam.

P.S. If number title are taken into consideration, Steam wins, but considering that GFWM is kinda new entry, please answer/vote taking usability into context.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, both services SUCK B***S.

Games for Windows just plain doesn't work - the most famous example is if you're logged into it, Fallout 3 refuses to work.

And as for Steam - ripoff. Here's my three most recent reasons as to why I hate Steam.

X Superbox - On Sunday, I tried to buy X Superbox at a sale price. Couldn't get through with either my Visa or Paypal, but it worked once the price went back up. I've been sending emails back and forth demanding a refund, and only this morning have they actually said they would give me one, after their first email said they don't offer refunds at all (hmmm, maybe it was because I accused them of bait-and-switch). Oh, and none of the games in the Superbox work (and since I have X3 Reunion and Terran Conflict in retail format already, and they work, well, it has to be Steam's fault)

Dawn of War II - Would love to know what the game is like, because the game has never ONCE TURNED ON! As you can see from my signature, my computer is beefy enough to play it, but the game just dies whenever I click Play.

Broken Sword II - An old game, I know, but when I bought it and downloaded it, apparently, the cutscenes were deliberately turned off in some fashion. As in, the game played, but it didn't play the cut-scenes. I checked the forums and found out there were some licencing issues (so you can apparently license a game, but not the cutscenes? So I, the customer, had to do some technical work to turn back on the cutscenes.

Here's my opinion Both of these system are shit.Here's my reason

I bought left 4 dead 2 and would like to how the game is,I haven't been able to play it because That fu***ng steam forces me and tells me that I have to download a patch of 5 gigabytes.And the worst part is that I can't even find the patch anywhere other than steam.GFWL sucks because it also like steam, forces you to update it's software when you are really in a mood to play that game.NOW THAT JUST PLAIN PISSES ME OFF...

• 4 months later...

Steam, Even though it has its issues, I dont get how your gonna cry about updating when you want to play, when online console games do the EXACT same thing quit crying and get over it, If you dont want the updates, play it offline, its not steam who is updating the games in the first place its the Devs. About games not starting i have nothing to tell you except to do the verify data option or what ever its called, if tht doesnt work completly re-download it, even though that will be a huge pain, nothings perfect, as for windows marketplace whatever, I wouldnt be suprised if you had to pay to play online like you do for xbox.

I never tried Games for Windows but I use Steam for most of my PC games and I've never once had a problem with it. Almost always good deals on it. The only downside I ever had is that sometimes the downloads can be a bit slow, other than that it's great :)