Help Koga pick a monitor for PS3!

Koga

Ok, after all I researching and testing, it has come down to 2 monitors. A 21.6" Samsung and a 21.6" LG....both $300

LG: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8400517&st=LG&type=product&id=1179877503368

Samsung: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8400429&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat104900050027&id=1179877503092

Its a hard decision and I need your help.

Samsung: Goes up to a downscaled 1080p. VF5 had an overscan issue at 720p. Putting on 1080i or 1080p fixes it. So far it seems, almost any game that can do 1080p will have have this issue. I didn't however have it with Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic goes to 1080p but has more slowdowns). The only problem I have is...what if a game doesn't support 1080i and I have this issue with 720p. Games like Heavenly Sword, Resistance, and Need For Speed Carcon played perfectly at 720p, for putting them on 1080p makes them looked jagged.

LG: Brighter than the Samsung and just overall looks better to me. I have NO ISSUE playing any game at 720p. This monitor doesn't do 1080i however. It does 1080p. But when you set the resolution to 1080p, it has ghosting problems. But that's it. Besides the 1080p issue, its perfect! Which is why its hard to choose. I mean...this monitor gives me a better picture and everything. The ghosting on 1080p is the ONLY downside.

So which of these 2 should I get? I AM NOT GETTING A HDTV! DO not even mention me getting one. Should I get the Samsung where I can get a downscaled 1080p? Or sacrifice downscaled 1080p for a better display and just use 720p by getting the LG.? What would you do if you were in my shoes and why?

Although I abhor any monitor larger than 19", I would suggest the Samsung. I have a 19" Samsung LCD and I haven't had a problem with my monitor at all in nearly two years. The Japanese, save Sony, build their products to last. Also, it just looks better than the LG monitor.

Someone on another forum told me their might be away by disabling..uh...DAMMIT! I forgot! lol. But I'll do my last bit of testing when I go to get a monitor. All this testing and issues get annoying but hey..I'm paying $300 and I want to make sure everything is straight.

@Mujklob: Looks better than the LG? You mean the design? Yea, Display? Hell No! What LG did you look at? xD. But then, just my opinion.