Q: Is there an external HDMI port?

apr118

Greetings everyone! Last week I saw some videos in YouTube about how to play your gaming consoles to your laptop. Now the problem is, my laptop doesn't have a built-in HDMI port. Is there an external HDMI port of some sort or, any other alternative gadgets that I can use to play my consoles in my laptop in High Def? Thanks in advance and thanks for reading.:happy:

If possible can someone post an image of it or link if it is allowed in here?

Umm....its unclear what you meant, if you mean using your laptops screen for playing your console games, thats not possible, unless you use any PCMCIA/express(card) based video capture hardware(they are to obsolete now). A laptop screen is directly connected with the mainboard, and neither you can use any VGA to HDMI or such converters, as they are all female type output connectors, and are unable to receive any input from external source.

The only external hdmi port that I know of would still require a input port on your laptop. If you don't mind switching to composite video you could use a usb video input adapter, but you would suffer lag when playing games. Like Snow mentioned the laptop monitor is connected to the mainboard directly so any video inputted to it needs to go through the computer first. The lag is caused by the time it takes the video to go through laptop. I would recommend a portable display over a connection to a laptop.