Any musicians here?

The Welsh Paddy

Soo, anyone here play an instrument? Are you in a band, or do you do any solo work? I'm interested in seeing how many members here are actually musicians. I myself play Bass guitar, and I'm just getting to grips with playing drums. I've been playing Bass since May last year. I picked things up really quick with that because I was dropped in the deep end. Just bought a Bass and straight away I was in a band with a few friends. That band lasted just over a month. Our singer was shit and we didn't have a drummer, so we disbanded, but me and one of the guitarists formed another band, Miscreation, late last September. We got a drummer, and then soon later we got a singer. We had a good few jamming sessions, and we were prepared for our first gig, which was supposed to be in the beginning of November. But our guitarist left us two days before hand and we couldn't get a replacement.

Sooo, we got a new guitarist, but she only came for one session and then didn't bother, so we booted her. Then our singer left, and we got a new one, then our drummer left, and our old guitarist rejoined us, with a heart-felt apology on his part. So that brought us up to late June this year. We had a new drummer for a while, this girl I met on a music course I went to recently, but she's not turning up for practices, so we're probably gonna try finding someone else who can make it to practice. But we're getting there. Slowly but surely. We plan on gigging locally this halloween, so that will be pretty awesome, getting up on stage, wearing crazy costumes and all.

Currently our band is a mix of all genres, with influences from the likes of Lacuna Coil, Tool, Paramore, 12012, MUCC, Gazette, Slipknot, and Dropkick Murphys. We plan on experimenting loads with various styles, such as hard rock, jazz, metal, punk, and so on. So we're having fun with it, and don't really plan on settling down in a comfort zone.

I'm also in two other bands, playing drums in one (Not so well, but I'm getting there!), and bass guitar again in the other.

But anyways. What's your musical background? What do you play? Are you in a band? Have you got any videos or recordings of you playing? If you have, post it all here.

This is a video of me and five others playing a song we came up with. We're a make-shift band and called ourselves "Someone's Stealing the Bollocks!" This was on the music course I went too, which was a week long and involved a number of one-night projects. Coming up with this song was one of them, and we done it in near enough two hours. The video only shows part of the song, but we also had it recorded in the studio the night before the gig.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e4t111

I was also in another make-shift band, which we called Sharp & Beals, me being 'Sharp' and the drummer being 'Beal'. We called ourselves that because often it's never the drummer or bassist that get any recognition, so. xD But yeah, we did an acoustic cover of the song 'I Will Survive', which I thought was pretty awesome, even though it's not as lively.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qf029g

I can sort of play piano and guitar, even if I'm not the best (actually I'm pretty horrible but I can do something at least). I do a lot of singing because of being in my school chorus, but still, I'm just average. I wish I could put more time into it but I have too many other things going on currently. I hope to someday though, even if just for a hobby.

Piano, Bass Guitar, stand up bass, vocals for the most part for me. I also know some trumpet and other string instruments, like Viola, etc. Right now Im learning to sing in german and japanese. I in a neighborhood band sort of, and Im working on a bunch of solo stuff right now.

We already got a frickin band here XD

Askio, I also try to sing japanese songs, mostly those I hear a lot. Like some j-rock, and/or anime openings/endings. I get the lyrics, read along as the music goes till I know every single word.

I not embaressed to say that I know by heart (languaged flawlessly) pretty much every vocal music in all the Digimon series XD

• 1 month later...

I've been playing the trumpet for about 7 years now playing jazz/swing in Swing Band, various stuff in Concert Band and classical pieces for my lessons. I played the sax for about a year before I switched to trumpet and for the last 2 years I've had to teach myself how to play the electric bass so that we can have one in my Music in Society class.

Guest Retropusso

I've been doing some trial and error type of stuff with Mixcraft. I haven't recorded anything series yet.

My friend James and I also have a band in the making. We're gonna be making mostly alternative metal music. Kind of emo lyrics on most of the stuff we've written though.