Money as Credits?

seirachan

I've been hearing around for a long time now that they've been trying to get rid of "touchable"? money. No more change and bills. I think it was everyone has a bank account with all their credits and the government controls your income and outcome. So if your being chased down by the government for false reasons you are fucked. For instance in Canada if you don't have health care you are charged hundreds to thousands of dollars and they take every cent from your bank account. Until you get it settled out, I don't know if you ever get the money they take from you back.

So I think this both a bad and a good thing. Good because it will stop people from holding a gun to your head asking you for every cent you have. But bad because I know hackers will be getting into these accounts at anyway they can on high demand. But they would have to be damn good hackers. The main bad reason is there is no longer a way to hide your money, bills will kill people lol.

Hackers will become the new age thugs of the streets. Granted that even world governments with military grade security grids can't protect themselves from hackers these days. From the cyberattacks from some Chinese radical to that WikiLeaks guy, none of it would be safe.

Sorry, I'll keep my jar of heavy metal coins thank you.