Ichigo Sig

Guest Morpheus

Guest Morpheus

So...it's been awhile since I touched anything gfx related, but I decided to give it another try. The concept was to try to make it look as if Ichigo is engulfed in a blast as he flies towards you swinging zangetsu. C&C is always appreciated.

ichigovx8.png

The stock of Ichigo looks almost vectorized, there isn't any particular vocal point drawing my eyes to to, and the text is just kind of like boom its there. The bottom right half of its really bright and perhaps a little over contrasted compared to the top left half which makes it kind of hurt my eyes to look at Ichigo's head and face which makes the appeal of the sign not all that great. I'd say try lowering the contrast or brightness a little on the bottom and highering the brightness a little towards the top to give the signature a more level headed feel. I dunno. =X I'm not exactly good or anything myself , and I'm not very good at C&C..

Guest Morpheus

Thanks for the comments/critique, I do see how the sig might be too bright, especially on the lower right part of the piece, the stock itself was hard to work with, i didn't really realize it until I was well into the piece and I couldn't figure out how to resize and where to place it. Ichigo's outfit really gave me trouble too, especially as you pointed out, the upper left part of the sig. my first gfx work in awhile, so I wasn't expecting the piece to be anything great. Thanks though again for the C&C.

Eh. The render you used is a crap one from Planet Renders with a big chunk outta the sword, or such, mrite? If Ichigo wasn't so vectorized looking, as Koby put it, I think I'd like it more. B| Nice job on the backround though.

The text could use a little work, and try using borders, they help somewhat. :D

The render looks to be of very poor quality. All those jagged edges don't look too good. A lot of the signature is too bright, it looks like it's almost white. Everything sort of matches. I like the text. Other than that, it seems decent, but it could have been much better.

Guest Morpheus

@ Linoud, I found the stock at gamerenders, though i'm sure a lot of the images posted on gamerenders and planet renders are the same, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stock is the crappy render that you were talking about. I thought it would work well, but ultimately it really didn't pan out the way I had envisioned it to.

I read the comments and decided to try start from scratch. I still find that I will have to work on stock choice and placement, but hopefully my current piece is an improvement. Like I said before, I wasn't expecting perfection, just trying to shake the rust and casually get back into gfx.