Dynasty Warriors 7 Thread

PseudoSage

I have nothing to hate on DW for the hack and slash game play is as smooth as any other hack and slash game such as N3 and GoW. I just hope for a interactive story cause DW6 was sorta take over every area of the map get an ending that was about it but I like the design of the DLC costumes and you could create a warrior.

First DW7 gameplay! Also shows off some of what is being added to this game:

There appears to be a greater draw distance and more enemies walking around areas than in previous titles, possibly reducing the classic enemy groups coming out of nowhere problem (Finally!). Also, there are still environmental traps apparently as shown by a falling rock towards the player trap.

Two big changes: Segmented Musou Meter meaning you can store multiple special attacks rather than having to wait for one big one to charge. Secondly you can swith weapons in game with a press of the button it seems during combat it seems. Gameplay shows character using a sword to attack then using what appears to be a missile-launcher to attack. Character then runs around with missile launcher as equipped weapon with its own set of moves and combos!

Segmented Musou Meter meaning you can store multiple special attacks rather than having to wait for one big one to charge.

DW Gundam 2 had this but if you fully charged them all and then used it, it would use all three meters. >.> You couldn't just use one bar at a time unless you only had that one bar full. Either way it's a nice feature to be able to do more than one attack or store extra's. I usually found myself not using them so I would be sure to have it when I needed. Having multiple stored would allow me to use it but still have some handy for when I need to get that certain person off my back.

Secondly you can swith weapons in game with a press of the button it seems during combat it seems. Gameplay shows character using a sword to attack then using what appears to be a missile-launcher to attack. Character then runs around with missile launcher as equipped weapon with its own set of moves and combos!

I don't know what the hell it is, but I hope it isn't really a missile-launcher considering this is suppose to be "Dynasty Warriors" which is about the three kingdoms dynasty.

Having different weapon types would be nice but seriously in that day and age swords, bows, shields, and partisans were about all they had. Instead of switching between a missile-launcher and a sword. I'd rather see being able to switch between a long sword and daggers for a speedier attack or a longer reach if anything.

I chose not to upgrade to DW 6 because after seeing it, I didn't really like the new character designs and some of the features it had. I much preferred DW 5. So I may or may not buy this one either.. I mean seriously so far its been 6 games with all kinds of expansions (xtreme legends, empires, etc)... and nothing much has changed about them. Honestly there has been no reason to make these sequels other than a few minor changes which could wait till they have reason to make a new game for or waited till they had it all worked out. At this point in time there should maybe be 2 DW, not 6 + side games.

My gripe with the expansions/side games is that while you think they're just adding some features like new characters or adding the strategy board stuff like in Empires or character creation that was missing you must also deal with the missing content. Like in DW6: Empires you lose musou and free mode really. You also lose 2-player (well, you have to unlock 2 player in EACH campaign you play) plus when you level up a character he doesn't really stay leveled up for when you start a new campaign.

I say I'll just wait until the expansions are out and figure out which one gives me the most features to play with without taking away essential features like 2 player.

Oh, and here's hoping there's online modes in DW7!

Here is a lot of confirmed info compliments of Koei Warriors:

* The storyline now covers Jin's unification of China and end of the ROTK period.

* Jin Kingdom has been added as a new faction.

* Cinematic cutscenes will be incorporated into gameplay.

* A new individual story mode called “Chronicle Mode” will allow players to free roam China and create their own destiny with their character.

* Sima Shi, Bao Sanniang, and Sima Zhao are the three new characters so far.

* Xing Cai will be returning after she was cut in the previous installment.

* The game will support stereoscopic 3D.

* The moveset system is back to the Charge-based system. Many if not all returning characters are retaining their old weapons from DW5 back due to the gameplay system reversal (eg. Zhen Ji's flute, Lu Xun's twin blades).

* A secondary weapon system similar to the Strikeforce series will allow players to equip two weapons. The weapons can be switched in real time during combo chains (known as a "Variable Attack"). There are about 360 different varieties of weapons.

* Musou bar has been increased to two gauges and will allow players to use the Musou attack twice. There will also be different kinds of Musou attacks, one based on the weapon and the other based on the character.

Dynasty Warriors 7 is exclusive for the PlayStation 3 in Japan and will be released in March 2011.

Now I'm starting to get mroe excited. They are actually ADDING TO THE STORY.

A metric ton of new info today, some that will delight many of the fans. Sorry if some of it repeats itself. Thank koeiwarriors.uk for all this info!

Story Updates

* The storyline surpasses 234's Wuzhang -one of the oft-complained points-, and now properly ends in 280: Jin's unification of China and end of the ROTK period

* The 晋 Jin Kingdom faction is newly added

* Story Mode is apparently kingdom-based, and will focus on the 4 kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin. You will be playing as different characters as you choose other stages, thus seeing the overall kingdom stories from different character perspectives

* The story events will be seamlessly incorporated into gameplay, similar to God of War 3

Chronicle Mode

* This seems to be an individual, free-roam-China and create-your-own-destiny story mode

* In-between battles, you can visit cities to buy and upgrade weapons

* You can also interact with other unique characters, and depending on how you interact, you can unlock more playable characters from this mode

* When you join a faction you will be able to play in their specific stages

* There are also stages that are based on ROTK

Many if not all returning characters are retaining their old weapons from DW5 back due to the gameplay system reversal (eg. Zhen Ji's flute, Lu Xun's twin blades)

Gameplay Changes

Secondary Weapons, Variable Attack

* The moveset system is back to the good old Charge-based system (DW5 and before)

* Characters now equip two weapons at once. Both of them can be changed

* There will be about 360 different varieties of weapons

* Some weapons will have gender limitations (eg. high probability that Qiao's folding fans will be exclusive to females)

* Called the Variable Attack system (aka. Real Time Weapon Change), player can switch between the two weapons anytime. The weapons can even be switched during a combo with a weapon without cutting the combo itself. To switch weapons, press R1

* Some characters will have special expertise in certain weapon types. When such weapons are equipped, they will be able to unleash EX attacks

(Speculation: For new characters, probably it's the 'main weapons' listed above, while for returning characters it's their 'default old weapons')

Musou attack upgrades

* Musou bar is now stackable to 2 bars, allowing you to launch Musou attack twice consecutively

* Aerial Musou attacks seem to have also been added

* It is said there will be different kinds of Musou attacks. The first one is weapon-based and the second one will be unique to character (perhaps related to main weapon / weapon type expertise?)

Other Known Information

* The game supports stereoscopic 3D mode, though this is optional and can be turned off

* Rumor: will have support for the Playstation Move (Sony's motion controller). This is also optional, but not yet known how it will be implemented.

* Some characters will have different facial features depending on the storyline progress, like two-eyed Xiahou Dun or non-masked Sima Shi

* Character portraits in battle messages have emotion changes just like other recent Warriors games (except SW3)

Many if not all returning characters are retaining their old weapons from DW5 back due to the gameplay system reversal (eg. Zhen Ji's flute, Lu Xun's twin blades)

I hope Zhou Yu has his Elder Sword back. Partisans are not for him. One of my biggest gripes about DW6 was the weapon and character style changes. Zhou Yu is my favorite character to play as and I loved the Elder Sword but having a partisan would make me choose someone else. Never been a big partisan fan.

I hope Zhou Yu has his Elder Sword back. Partisans are not for him. One of my biggest gripes about DW6 was the weapon and character style changes. Zhou Yu is my favorite character to play as and I loved the Elder Sword but having a partisan would make me choose someone else. Never been a big partisan fan.

yeah, the weapon never felt like it suited him. I felt the same way about Sun Quan's sword, the combo's were shockingly poor! Unless you had a high quality version of the weapon, it was pretty much useless