New Final Fantasy Three Remake on DS

Luneth

• 1 month later...

I find it really lame. The battle system is primitive, the cliché storyline is nearly non-existent. It's so boring I can't even remember even one of the characters' names after five hours of game play. I get stuck often because the game doesn't accurately tell you what to do, which has ended up in me getting ten levels above what I'm supposed to be, and so, the game has lost any challenge that it might have had before.

Using a guide takes the fun out of the game. I like challenges and I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment from overcoming obstacles by myself. If I used a guide to get me through games, I may as well go read a book or something because it completely takes the challenge out of the game. Hehe. Often, the guides at GameFAQs are superior to the official ones. Just because a guide has full-colour pictures of the game doesn't mean it can be of any help.

Guides are fine if you're attempting to get everything, beat all the side quests, &c. I don't see any issue in looking at one if you're stuck and don't want to spend three hours interviewing every single NPC to try to figure out what to do next in the main quest. Not the same as using it as a crutch.

I haven't played this to any great extent. I played it as a ROM a while ago, but since it was in Japanese, I had no idea what was going on and generally only got as far as the people who were sticks before giving up entirely. We do own the DS remake, but I'm not really keen on playing it that much.

• 3 weeks later...

The NES version of this was way harder, I believe. Well my brother got this when he bought FFXII. We decided to play together like, we would beat the games at the same time. However, FFIII was shorter than I expected..Also reminds me of the hits system in FFXII, just doesn't really do 20 hits of the same damage. I liked it simply because I never played the NES version and this is the most earliest FF Game I've ever played..