Hints at .Hack// Sequel on PS3?

PseudoSage

I found this story and thought I'd pass it along. It pertains a Q&A with CyberConnect2 CEO, Hiroshi Matsuyama.

One reader asked, "Do you have plans to make the next game after.hack? If possible, I want it on PS3!!!" Matsuyama responded, "Do you mean a .hack sequel? Or do you mean the next original title to follow .hack? We're of course making new titles. PS3 titles too."

Matsuyama was also asked about the next anime installment in the .hack franchise, .hack//Quantum. Details on this will be coming soon, he said.

Here's the link: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/23/matsuyama_blog_entry/

It's not a lot, but for dotHackers like me it's all we got. We must keep hope alive! You can meet me in Δ server, Mac Anu. :P

Same here. The cherry-on-top finale should not be a portable fizzle, but a console MMO spectacular! White Knight Chronicles have had some success with this system and I say .hack// will work even better!

Though if it does come to pass I expect to see a lot of Adept Rogues running about. A LOT.

• 2 months later...

There won't be another .hack game after LINK since they specifically stated LINK would be the last game. :( The PS3 game they're talking about is the new series of games Matsuyama is working on. You can check out dothackers.net if you have any doubts since they are a constant up-to-date .hack info source, and are working on a push to get .hack//LINK localized in the US.

It could happen to be honest Im sure they won't just rest on anime and such and not do games for the series. They could restart the game with new characters that allow the game to go in a new direction. I really hope so cause I have a collection of hack games sitting in my cd case and all the anime series on my hard drive. I would love for some new hack to be in my hands.

• 1 month later...