The Legend of Dragoon Remaster Teased by Developer

Koby

Near the end of the lifecycle of the original PlayStation, Sony Japan Studio released JRPG The Legend of Dragoon. While it received mixed reviews from critics and currently sits with a 74 Metacritic score, the game has garnered somewhat of a cult following through the years. While there has never been a sequel or another entry in the series, it appears that there could be a remake or remaster currently in the works.

While a remaster of The Legend of Dragoon is far from confirmed, recent tweets from a developer at Bluepoint Games, a company known for its remakes and remasters of classic games, appears to open the door to the possibility that the game could see a remake.

Technical director Peter Dalton shared a video on Twitter about the Shadow of the Colossus remake developed by Bluepoint Games, to which someone replied and asked Dalton if he liked The Legend of Dragoon. Dalton replied:

Dalton's response may very well be an innocent question to garner interest about the 20-year-old JRPG rather than a hint that Bluepoint Games is working on a remaster of The Legend of Dragoon. But that is not stopping fans from speculating and piling on their own praise for the PS1 classic. After his original tweet got all the attention, Dalton acknowledged the passion fans shared for The Legend of Dragoon, tweeting that it is motivating to see:

It is not at all unreasonable to think that Bluepoint Games could partner with Sony to remaster The Legend of Dragoon considering that the developer has worked on remaking or remastering some of Sony's biggest games and franchises including Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Gravity Rush, Flower, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and The God of War Collection. Bluepoint Games' last release was Shadow of the Colossus for PS4 in 2018 and the developer has yet to reveal what it may be working on currently.

Outside of the original game, The Legend of Dragoon has never seen any kind of sequel; however, Dart Feld, the main protagonist from The Legend of Dragoon was originally on the list to become a DLC character for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale but was scrapped early in development for unknown reasons.

FTnV71l.jpg

The thought of a remake or remaster of the game is exciting for its fans, they will have to wait for a more official announcement to see if the JRPG may return three console cycles after its original release.

Source: GameRant

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 12/4/2019 at 11:23 PM, Koby said:

I'd definitely buy it if ever happened. Legend of Dragoon, the Shadow Hearts series, and the XenoSaga series are some of my favorite games but we've heard very little about them since their original release.

Agreed. The Legend of Dragoon is an excellent & underappreciated game. Love XenoSaga as well. I'd be a Day 1 buyer for a remake/remaster/continuation of either. Can't comment on Shadow Hearts since I haven't experienced those yet.

4 hours ago, Zemekis said:

Agreed. The Legend of Dragoon is an excellent & underappreciated game. Love XenoSaga as well. I'd be a Day 1 buyer for a remake/remaster/continuation of either. Can't comment on Shadow Hearts since I haven't experienced those yet.

I'm glad they done the re-release for the PS5 Version.

I'm thinking they should def do the cross over of some sort, I guess easter eggs works too for some sort of games. The indignity of the Battle Royal Dart appearance though...