Why is this site running so slow/sloppy on Chrome now??

Vila

Ever since the unexpected downtime occurred, this site has run extremely slow or sloppy on the latest version of Google Chrome. I'm referring as to when you are scrolling on the site. I don't get on this site much often, but I still check it out a few times. Sadly, the weird sloppy scrolling ruins the site for me.

Has anyone experienced this since the last unexpected downtime? I'm making this thread as it's been annoying me for the past week or so. 

6 minutes ago, Vila said:

Ever since the unexpected downtime occurred, this site has run extremely slow or sloppy on the latest version of Google Chrome. I'm referring as to when you are scrolling on the site. I don't get on this site much often, but I still check it out a few times. Sadly, the weird sloppy scrolling ruins the site for me.

Has anyone experienced this since the last unexpected downtime? I'm making this thread as it's been annoying me for the past week or so. 

Choppiness during scrolling would be an issue unrelated with the site itself.

Would either be something with your browser having problems (perhaps too many addons slowing it down) or could also be related to GPU or ram inefficiency, as lower end devices may sometimes have trouble scrolling with static backgrounds. As such, I'll ask what is your computer specs?

Although none of the possible issues that could cause it would be something I can replicate, I went ahead and checked in all available browsers I have on my PC and the site scrolls smoothly for me in FireFox, Chrome, and Edge.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Choppiness during scrolling would be an issue unrelated with the site itself.

Would either be something with your browser having problems (perhaps too many addons slowing it down) or could also be related to GPU or ram inefficiency, as lower end devices may sometimes have trouble scrolling with static backgrounds. As such, I'll ask what is your computer specs?

Although none of the possible issues that could cause it would be something I can replicate, I went ahead and checked in all available browsers I have on my PC and the site scrolls smoothly for me in FireFox, Chrome, and Edge.

Well I've tested this on Chrome and Waterfox (basically firefox but 64-bit). Chrome is choppy, on both Win7 and Win10 unsure why. Waterfox (firefox),on the other hand) works 100% fine with no issues. I'm testing with no extensions btw.

23 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

@Vila Go to Chromes settings > search for "Hardware acceleration" > toggle it on (or off if it's on) > relaunch Chrome > test scrolling.

Mine is laggy with Harware acel OFF, but once turned on, it's smooth.

8 hours ago, Beave said:

I just tested the site on Chrome with hardware acceleration on and it runs smoothly on my system.

Ok so i checked and I do have Hardware acceleration on since ever. Since my laptop has NVIDIA Optimus, I started a fresh copy of a Chromium built with the dGPU instead of the iGPU. Site loads up quick. as you guys have mentioned.

Either way the site works much better/smoother on Firefox/Waterfox. Maybe it's just an Intel GPU+Chromium/Chrome thing? 

EDIT: Heck, it runs even quicker on Firefox using a dGPU. It must be an Intel thing and this site idk lol

Edited by Vila

You may want to reduce your apps inside of Chrome. Also, Chrome is a memory hog as well, which reduces performance.

It's True I am running an intel machine, but it's an i7-2600k with an NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and 16GB of RAM running on a 512GB 860 Pro with Windows 10 Pro. Of course, I have other storage on the system to store my Anime.  But, you get the gist of it.

I have not upgraded, because it is not needed yet.   Although, I am thinking of upgrading to a new system for NVMe SSD capabilities.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beave said:

You may want to reduce your apps inside of Chrome. Also, Chrome is a memory hog as well, which reduces performance.

It's True I am running an intel machine, but it's an i7-2600k with an NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and 16GB of RAM running on a 512GB 860 Pro with Windows 10 Pro. Of course, I have other storage on the system to store my Anime.  But, you get the gist of it.

I have not upgraded, because it is not needed yet.   Although, I am thinking of upgrading to a new system for NVMe SSD capabilities.

Yep, but in this case it seems to be an iGPU issue or something. on a win10 laptop I see it's using ~50% of the 3D of the GPU. 

You do you dude :) But yea, if anyone can also try running this site using an iGPU on a Chromium build that'd be great.

@VilaI'v tested the site on Chrome on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series, i7-7500U @ 2.7GHz, No discreet video card, 12GB of RAM,  512GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD). 

Testing with Hardware Acceleration on, the site is jumpy (Using the CPU's Graphics controller). 

Turned off Hardware Acceleration and the site is smooth.

Could be a Chrome bug. Also, using Firefox on the laptop the site is smooth.

I hope this help you out.

• Like 1